Hello everyone :)

Joonited

Premium
Media
First Name
Joon
https://www.instagram.com/joonwolfsberg
Hey there :giggle:
My name is Joon and I'm from Germany. (sorry if my english is not so good :X3:)
I'm a musician (singer & songwriter in a rockband) and love art and drawing.
I started tattooing this year and am here to learn and get better.
I learned some super ruff basics from a friend, who sadly doesn't live close to me so I can't ask him stuff. The first tries were on fake skin and the first tattoos on my dad πŸ˜„ who I'm very thankful for. He also encourages me to keep on going if I wanna quit and throw everything out the window.
I started with cheyenne rotaries (which are pretty good) but somehow I feel that cartridges are kinda unstable or inconsistant no matter which brand I used (worst were Kwadron -> no membrane) ...they were good for shading though...maybe just my bad or personal preference.... but that's why I switched back to standard needles. Was lucky to get a used Inkjecta Eclipse for less than half of the original price.
Since then I'm trying to tame the beast πŸ˜„ So if someone has advice for me using the Eclipse with standard needles, would be happy bout that.
So that's me... hope ya'll have a wonderful and sunny weekend β˜€ All the best and thanks for sharing all your knowledge
Joon

on the picture is a tattoo I did last week (my own design) with the Eclipse :) I know it's far from perfect, but I work hard on getting better

Remove Ads

Attachments

Last edited:

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Jeeezuz, that looks great! You definitely have talent for tattooing πŸ‘πŸΌ And hello and welcome to the forum! Good thing you went premium right away!

I have no tips or advice on machines or carts as I use something no one else uses 😊 But the others surely have one or two things to say! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Joonited

Premium
Media
First Name
Joon
Jeeezuz, that looks great! You definitely have talent for tattooing πŸ‘πŸΌ And hello and welcome to the forum! Good thing you went premium right away!

I have no tips or advice on machines or carts as I use something no one else uses 😊 But the others surely have one or two things to say! πŸ‘πŸΌ
Hey 😊 thank you so much. So Happy about your feedback and that you like it. Are you hand poking? Or what do you use?

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
@dzikichrzan
Single needle lol :D Hey Man ! Good to see you here ;) don’t worry, for many of us english is not first language. Very Nice start i can tell ;) Im Jakub from Poland, scratching people for 2 years now. Actually kwadron to me is one of the best ones but yeah No membrane is a big con.

Joonited

Premium
Media
First Name
Joon
Single needle lol :D Hey Man ! Good to see you here ;) don’t worry, for many of us english is not first language. Very Nice start i can tell ;) Im Jakub from Poland, scratching people for 2 years now. Actually kwadron to me is one of the best ones but yeah No membrane is a big con.
Hey 😊 greetings to Poland. Thanks a lot for the feedback. Kwadron standard needles are super good though 😊 just the cartridges are not so well constructed

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Hey 😊 thank you so much. So Happy about your feedback and that you like it. Are you hand poking? Or what do you use?
I use a Inkmachines Scorpion Rotary and it has its own carts 😊 (and yes, I use mostly single needle as well, which almost no one else uses either haha). You actually can use any cart, but I prefer its own, as they are very hygienic. No one else (on here) has this machine 😊 It's very good, but also very expensive.

I'm following you now on ig! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Joonited

Premium
Media
First Name
Joon
I use a Inkmachines Scorpion Rotary and it has its own carts 😊 (and yes, I use mostly single needle as well, which almost no one else uses either haha). You actually can use any cart, but I prefer its own, as they are very hygienic. No one else (on here) has this machine 😊 It's very good, but also very expensive.

I'm following you now on ig! πŸ‘πŸΌ
Ah cool πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘Œ gonna check that machine out. Yayyyy followed you back

Joonited

Premium
Media
First Name
Joon
Last edited:

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
Hi and welcome,nice tattoo , I have an eclipse,I really didn’t like it a first ,until I brought a 3.7 cam for it ,and now it lines a lot better , but before it was good for shading , I also have a few Cheyenne machines ,they take a lot of beating in my opinion,I also use Cheyenne cartridges

Joonited

Premium
Media
First Name
Joon
Hi and welcome,nice tattoo , I have an eclipse,I really didn’t like it a first ,until I brought a 3.7 cam for it ,and now it lines a lot better , but before it was good for shading , I also have a few Cheyenne machines ,they take a lot of beating in my opinion,I also use Cheyenne cartridges
Hey :giggle: thanks a lot for the welcome and feedback!
I also have the 3.7 cam inside the Eclipse. It lines nice, just had problems with the ink flow... use a little bigger tips ...and now it's better (y)
Just bought a used bishop v6 for shading. Hope this'll work πŸ˜„ but I heard that it's good for shading and colors.

Joonited

Premium
Media
First Name
Joon
Wellcome! That tattoo looks good, nice design!

Looks like Kwadron needles now have a membrane πŸ™‚

Hey 😊 thanks a lot! So happy you like it. Have not much feedback from professionals here in my little town πŸ˜„ it really encourages to keep on going and getting better.
Ahhh cool πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ kwadron with membrane! Thanks for the tip.

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
Hey 😊 thanks a lot! So happy you like it. Have not much feedback from professionals here in my little town πŸ˜„ it really encourages to keep on going and getting better.
Ahhh cool πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ kwadron with membrane! Thanks for the tip.

lighten your hand when you shade...like you are barely tapping the skin. Your lines and saturation look nice but that deadhead shading doesn't work in the piece you posted. Took me forever to learn that and I struggled so much putting in gradients. I may make 5-8 passes on an area now to shade it without every damaging the skin I go so light where I need gradients.

there is your feedback. ;)

Joonited

Premium
Media
First Name
Joon
lighten your hand when you shade...like you are barely tapping the skin. Your lines and saturation look nice but that deadhead shading doesn't work in the piece you posted. Took me forever to learn that and I struggled so much putting in gradients. I may make 5-8 passes on an area now to shade it without every damaging the skin I go so light where I need gradients.

there is your feedback. ;)
Awesome πŸ₯°πŸ‘Œ thanks a lot. Will try that next time with the layering. I think I also have to try a greywash πŸ˜„ I just used black and tried to fade it. Have to ask that guy if he can send me a healed Pic of the tattoo... So I can see what it looks like now. Really like that whip shade effect... Wanna try that too 😊.... So much to learn

Last edited:

Girlie666

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
ANGIE
@Girlie666
I love the colour blends in the eyes and nose of the skull!
I used to play in a band... I was the bass player.. I do miss it a lot but gave it up soon after I had my daughter... I’ll always love music but art has been with me from a very young age 😊

Joonited

Premium
Media
First Name
Joon
I love the colour blends in the eyes and nose of the skull!
I used to play in a band... I was the bass player.. I do miss it a lot but gave it up soon after I had my daughter... I’ll always love music but art has been with me from a very young age 😊
Hey 😊 thanks a lot. So Happy you like it. Your new tattoo looks great too,! Love the design & shading.
Oh cool 🎸 another musician πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ
That's true, for a band you're always on the road and it's hard if you have kids or family. I did a lot of busking and touring with the band... Really love the travel but it's also nice to have an art form where you don't have to travel. Both is great.

Girlie666

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
ANGIE
@Girlie666
Aww thanx 😊😊
Hey 😊 thanks a lot. So Happy you like it. Your new tattoo looks great too,! Love the design & shading.
Oh cool 🎸 another musician πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ
That's true, for a band you're always on the road and it's hard if you have kids or family. I did a lot of busking and touring with the band... Really love the travel but it's also nice to have an art form where you don't have to travel. Both is great.