Hello Everyone.

First Name
Lee
Thread starter #1
Hello my name is Lee im 37 and i'm an alcoholic..... Oops sorry wrong forum.

I have 12 tattoos (poker knuckles, barcode on head some original ones that cost a fortune years ago and a ropey cover up amongst them)
I would consider myself an average artist but have a very steady hand due to working in the mobile phone repair industry for years. My 12 year old son is an amazing artist and I am hoping his love of art continues as he gets older.
I have bought a 2 gun kit some transfer papers and shit loads of grapefruits (still looking for pig skins) and my aim is to teach my son the basics now in the hope he will be an amazing tat legend later in life.
I have no intention of scratching from me kitchen or defacing my friends or family (for money anyway) but I do want to attempt some art on myself and also let my son use me for training purposes.
I have downloaded every bit of flash and tat related books i can find and watched a few hours on youtube ranging from good soundidng advice to total nut balls.

Thats it really. I play poker quite a bit on PKR (barcode1973 if your a member add me)
and I do remixes now and then when bored that you can download for free from my soundcloud site

www.soundcloud.com/barcode1973

Thanks for listening have a nice day / night :p

Just realised I said 2 gun kit and not 2 machine kit I realise this HUGE no no (so i've read) I'll never refer to a tattoo machine as a gun again ever ever please stop booing and throwing tomataoes thanks

First Name
Lee
Thread starter #2
me again

Just a few more things (thought i'd so a seperate post to make me look more popular)

I have tried to use the practice skin I got in my kit and its proper poo! The ink stains it really badly and the ink looks very faint yet it looks much better on grapefruits? I've read the manual but does anyone have any hints for using prakky skins (or prins as I now call them in a vain attempt for it to catch on) I will get to Morrisons soon for pig skins honest.

First Name
Darren
welcome aboard, i've only been on for a few days myself and after having a good look around it seems this is the best place for honest advice/critisism without being pushed to the side by the more accomplshed "tattooists"

as for the practice skins then i wouldn't waste your time with them, the needles just bounce ontop of it and it feels nothing like skin in anyway. get yourself to morrisons now before it shuts, you'll just regret going tomorow when your stood in the que for 10 minutes, meat aisle, pork section, blue tray about 3 or 4 pieces in rolls. cant miss em, buy a few and bung em in the freezer, when you want to use one just get it out the freezer and leave it in the sink with slighlty warmer than room temp water for 10 minutes or so while you get setup and away you go :cool:

First Name
Frankie B
Welcome

Im from the states , don't hold that against me tho I'm learning as well . You did the right thing by buying this course it has helped me alot and the people here are fantastic. There is nothing like this place in the states,all i ever get here is get out of the business or get an apprentiship pay the money to learn . I can take my time here and learn on my own with the help of the people on the site so welcome aboard . Ed:cool:

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hi!

Hi Lee,

looks like there's a few of us 'newbies' joining up, so hopefully we can all get some good help and tips from eachother, as well as the longer standing members.

Ordered my kit on Friday - so waiting for it to arrive (hopefully tomorrow), then it's down to the butchers at Morrisons - way hey!!

Meanwhile, back at camp... am practicing my drawing and tracing. Had a go at the tattoo thing on here, and was rubbish with the mouse- so hope I can do better with the machine! (I got wrong for the 'G_N' word aswell:confused:!) Good luck to you and your boy!

First Name
Lee
Thread starter #6
Art acadamy on the Nintendo DS

I know this might sound stupid and you may all be semi pissing yourselves at the title but I have found this good practice for the weight / feel of using my tattoo gun I MEAN MACHINE.

What you do is get your (or your kids in my case) DS and get your machine tube and grip (and cord for ultra realism if u wish) and insert the DS stylus instead of needle or just use a plastic tube, then hopefully you have a copy of Art academy. Try and do the full course using this setup and you can see how much more difficult it is compared to just using the stylus.

Obviously the tuning, needle depth and all other important aspects aren't covered but for starting out and getting used to the "feel" of the g... machine it's quite helpful.

I shall re post this idea in the main section coz i'm brave