Hello from Canada

Chopper20

Premium Gold
First Name
Andy
Been following for a month or so now. Finally got some time to try out a practice skin. First timer. Constructive criticism welcome. Have a long way to go before doing real skin
That looks pretty decent to me, especially for your first one. My first one looked like crap 😁

If I were to change one thing I’d say spend some time on packing Black into the eyes and nose to get a nice deep solid black. Unless that’s the look you were going for (but I feel at least some of it should be solid black)?

You managed to get a nice pencil sketch feel to it and if that’s what you were going for I’d say nice job!

What machine, ink, needle configurations were you using?

Hardair1

Premium
First Name
Greg
That looks pretty decent to me, especially for your first one. My first one looked like crap 😁

If I were to change one thing I’d say spend some time on packing Black into the eyes and nose to get a nice deep solid black. Unless that’s the look you were going for (but I feel at least some of it should be solid black)?

You managed to get a nice pencil sketch feel to it and if that’s what you were going for I’d say nice job!

Thank you. I was using an inkjecta clone with 7rs, 9m and a 3rl. I tried packing in the black but the fake skin wasnt taking it no matter how many times I went over it.

Chopper20

Premium Gold
First Name
Andy
Thank you. I was using an inkjecta clone with 7rs, 9m and a 3rl. I tried packing in the black but the fake skin wasnt taking it no matter how many times I went over it.
Ah yeah that can be frustrating. I found that “reel skin” takes black better than other fake skins I’ve tried and needs to be stretched so it’s a bit more realistic but quite expensive. It’s also easier to clean but can be hard to get a good stencil on.

Hardair1

Premium
First Name
Greg
Ah yeah that can be frustrating. I found that “reel skin” takes black better than other fake skins I’ve tried and needs to be stretched so it’s a bit more realistic but quite expensive. It’s also easier to clean but can be hard to get a good stencil on.
I tried ordering some reelskin but it wouldn't ship to Canada. I heard it was pretty good stuff

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
Instagram
@dzikichrzan
Hello bro hat's shame... I also would recommend reel skin. Regarding your work, if this is your first one you can be happy man :d you have a good eye for details, you will get ther just practice :d correct anatomy, nice upper chin shading. Next one darker please :d

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
Instagram
@tattoo.morth.art
Hello and welcome from Sweden Greg 😊👍🏼 I agree with the others, good start. Darker where needed. It's true it's hard to get the cheap fake skins dark enough, but you can get it darker than this, and most important, less patchy. But that'll come with more practice 😊

I used to be a reseller for Reelskin, not anymore, but I do have a little stock left though if you're interested. Shipping overseas is a bitch, but I'm sure we can work something out. PM me if you're interested.

troub1edsou1z

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Tom
It's not great, but it's not horrible either....The good thing is you are not damaging people in your attempts of learning to tattoo. I applaude you for that. There are so many people that think because they can draw well on paper (which I see so many with the drawing ability of a 3rd grader) that they can do it on skin. Tattooing and drawing are 2 different animals, just as drawing and painting are completely different....Just keep practing and you'll get there