Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Hello from Denmark!

CasperEGL

Premium
First Name
Casper
Hey. I'm 20 years old and from Denmark. I've been tattooing for about 6 month (on fake skin and myself).. I need a lot of help with buying the right machines and other equpiment.
I hope to find an older thread that can help me, but if any of you can give a scratcher some friendly advice, it will be much appreciated!

I've got like a 400$ budget, and already own a bunch of different needles and ink (quality stuff) but my cheap coil machine could probably do a switch out..

TexasPT

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Kylin on ebay...inexpensive but great machines. Good upgrade if you're thinking coils.

Welcome to the site.

CasperEGL

Premium
First Name
Casper
Yea I've seen "Kylin" a lot in this forum, so that's gonna be my next buy I think. Thanks for the welcome messages :giggle:

CasperEGL

Premium
First Name
Casper
I'm going to do stuff like these, so I guess I don't need to buy a lot of equiptment? Don't worry.. I know It's not easy, and big pieces can be easier to do/to hide mistakes.. But, i'm not gonna shade a whole lot. More filling in with color and the practice my outline

CasperEGL

Premium
First Name
Casper
His budget is 400...
Yeah.. And I know it isn't much. But we're all starting at one place. And I think it's better to be confidendt and skilled with a "cheaper" machine, before moving on to an expensive machine, that I don't know how excatly works.

balooka

Premium
First Name
Jay
Yeah.. And I know it isn't much. But we're all starting at one place. And I think it's better to be confidendt and skilled with a "cheaper" machine, before moving on to an expensive machine, that I don't know how excatly works.
Oh I wasn't commenting on the amount you have, but rather that the machines that were mentioned are more expensive than $400 and you'd also need new grip(s) and buy cartridges etc.

You already are using coils so you'r right to move along that path. Kylin was mentioned and is a great option for you. (y)

dirtnail

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Pieter
Think @MalligaMallan still has a nice Micky Sharps on sale... among some sweet rotaries.

I'm no seasoned tattooer by far so can't really tell you what a good machine is but...
I own a Bov Williams liner and colour packer, they're about 200GBP for a fully custom handmade machine (he made mine left handed without any extra charge). And a liner from Blacksmith irons which was 250EUR... really like them all but the Blacksmith irons one feels easier to work with. Don't know why but for some reason I feel like the Bov ones are actually TO finely tuned for my skill level :ROFLMAO:

Border tattoo machines are also very nicely priced but haven't tried them. Was thinking of buying one but I prefer my left handed machines and he doesn't have those...

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
The original Mickey Sharpz I'm selling actually is great, but heavy. It's the weight that makes it so great and steady though.

If you'd like me to name a price for it I would be happy with £73 for machine incl shipping (I bought it about 4 years ago for £146 incl shipping).

It weighs 270gr though, so it's not for the weak handed ;)

balooka

Premium
First Name
Jay
Wait - 2 thunders, 1 spirit and a pu for 400? that's a bargain, sounds almost too good to be true.

I paid 400 just for the Thunder's drive.

CasperEGL

Premium
First Name
Casper
I'm very happy with all the advice, thank you very much. There's a lot of stuff I need to know about, so it's been a great start here on the forum :)

And just a quick question. Is there a place where you guys usually buys the equpiment like needles and other stuff? I've been buying at killerink, but I don't know if theres a better online shop?

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Killerink is fine. Barber dts too. But you have killerink in dk, don't you? So less shipping :)

CasperEGL

Premium
First Name
Casper
Killerink is fine. Barber dts too. But you have killerink in dk, don't you? So less shipping :)
We do :) Just wanted to check up on it. The things I've bought seems great, but you can never be too sure.. What about buying needles from ebay or Amazon? They're cheaper, but I would never compromise with the quality and safety. Does any of you have experience with buying from such places?

S.A.D

Premium
First Name
Sakis
A friend used cheap ebay needles an several people, himself and me among them.
All still alive. :)

Not sure about their quality, but they seem safe.

balooka

Premium
First Name
Jay
The only things that are actually going into the skin are the needles and ink. I would not cheap out on the most essential parts of tattooing.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
When I first started tattooing I bought very cheap needles of crappy quality. When I started buying better quality I compared the two kinds, and the cheap needles were not as stable as the needles of better quality.

Usually there also are differences like bent needles, soldering parts among the needles, and such.

Raskal 1220

Premium
Media
First Name
Chase
When I first started tattooing I bought very cheap needles of crappy quality. When I started buying better quality I compared the two kinds, and the cheap needles were not as stable as the needles of better quality.

Usually there also are differences like bent needles, soldering parts among the needles, and such.
So what “Brand “ of needles would you suggest ? I’ve been getting “Beyond” from WorldWideTattoo. Do you or anyone else have any experience with this brand? I haven’t had much time to work with them, I can’t seem to get enough time off to do any tattooing.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
So what “Brand “ of needles would you suggest ? I’ve been getting “Beyond” from WorldWideTattoo. Do you or anyone else have any experience with this brand? I haven’t had much time to work with them, I can’t seem to get enough time off to do any tattooing.
I haven't heard of Beyond, maybe the others have. I haven't used traditional needles in a couple of years, only carts, so I'm unfortunately of no help there :confused:

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
envy were always my favorite brand but i recently had a box of 7cm from them and 50% of them had the needle group soldered on the wonk. I wonder if needles are still soldered the old school way in jigs, just done by a huge cheap labour force in china or if they are made by automated robots now?

balooka

Premium
First Name
Jay
Nice, but you might want to check the serial numbers with Cheyenne. You can send them am email with the numbers and they'll tell you if it's real and how old it is. They sell fake Cheyennes for 50 bucks on ebay, even the PU are fake. Not saying the ones you mention are fake, but just be cautious. (y)