Hello from Indiana

moonbunny

Premium
First Name
Shawnna
I just joined cause a lot of my searches lead me to this page.
I’m a tattoo apprentice at a shop in Evansville Indiana, I’ve just got my license and have moved from practicing to tattooing on skin. These are my first two tattoos, my mentor has taught me a lot, and I feel like joining this page will be great to get different opinions on things. 21422 21423

Remove Ads

Me16363

Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Shaun
Hello from the UK 🇬🇧, really like the half face 👍🏻

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Hi Shawnna from Sweden :giggle: Tattoos looking good (y) You've come to the right place! Will be interesting to hear about your tattoo experiences as an apprentice :giggle:(y)

Jerry7297

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Jerry
Hey there, from Texas. Looking forward to seeing/ hearing your journey. Lining looks like a struggle a little in the pics. What kind of set up do you use for lining?

moonbunny

Premium
First Name
Shawnna
Hey there, from Texas. Looking forward to seeing/ hearing your journey. Lining looks like a struggle a little in the pics. What kind of set up do you use for lining?
I use an original Spektra Halo rotary, and Cheyenne cartridges, I keep thinking I’m running my machine at way too high of a voltage, which is around 7.5, but my mentor wants me to run it at a 9 for lining, and I feel like I’m struggling in that regard. The other artist in the shop who kind of mentors me, has a color based power supply, and a completely different set up, so I haven’t really been able to compare in that regard. But it just seems so loud and like it’s hitting too hard.
But also skin is a lot different than fruit and the lines shakiness I’m told will get better the more practice I get so I dunno if it’s my inexperience or if I’m just running things to high.

Jerry7297

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Jerry
I use a lot of FK Irons machines. I line with them about 7.5 also. I dont think its the speed. Just need practice Stretching and getting them lines in solid. I would suggest having just a little bit of give. Not like half way or more of give. That would be too much. Also use the middle or largest cam. Personally I like the middle (3.5) to do everything. I only use my Halo 2 for B&G though. Keep us updated.

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
@dzikichrzan
Hello and welcome :) I like both tattoo :) How long you are apprentice? its awesome to have You here ;)

troub1edsou1z

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Tom
Welcome.....Your lines are nice and solid so your depth is good. Like your mentor said, those lines will get better with practice. The shading is nice but seems a bit overworked in your darker areas, again that will get better with practice as well.