December drawing contest now active! Here

Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Hello there

Seawitch

Basic
First Name
Rebecca
Hey all,

Thought I'd say hi. I'm an artist in my 30s who always wanted to be a tattoist but not exactly sure where the time went. Ive bought a rotary machine, lots of practice skin and am happily pretending at the mo.

Have approached lots of local inkers asking for apprenticeship but since I'm not able to give up the day job (pays the bills...) they're not keen must to have me weekends and School holidays (I'm a teacher!). Will keep practicing and building my portfolio ...

What do you guys recommend in this situation??

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
Instagram
@tattoo.morth.art
Hello Rebecca, and welcome to the forum! You can practice on your own, an apprenticeship is not the only path to go. I really recommend you to go premium here though, to get access to much more info. It's like £10 or something for a lifetime membership (but a lot of us chip in a little extra every now and then to pay back for all we get here :) ) I started here 5 years ago and have learned sooo much on the forum. Today I'm taking clients, tattooing about once a week. I too am an artist besides the tattooing :) If you have an ig account I would be happy to follow you, mine is ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴏᴏ🖤ᴍᴏʀᴛʜ🖤ᴀʀᴛ (@tattoo.morth.art) on Instagram

Dazza

Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Daryl
Hi Rebecca welcome to the forum , a lot of use are self learning,i takes a bit longer ,but it’s definitely possible