Help purchasing a power supply

Eiko13

Premium
First Name
Eitan
Hey guys I'm new to tattooing, been practicing with my friend's cheap kit from china in fake skin.
I've decided to buy some decent equipment, but im on a pretty tight budget. I think I'm going for a Kylin machine.
I can't seem to find power supplies for under like 400 bucks, I'm from Israel and the options are pretty limited, on the other hand i figured the really cheap ones from china are shit.
Could you guys recommend me a decent one that'll last long for about 70-100$
Thank you very much

Remove Ads

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
had a hurricane that lasted 3-4 years. It's about $50 usd.
Swapped to an Aurora 2, like it so far...that was $50usd. (have my second hurricane as a back up...it's been going strong for years too)

balooka

Premium Plus
First Name
Jay
I have a hurricane for my inkjecta because the cheyenne does not have enough volts for it (well not without running it near max all the time anyway), Hurricane works fine but sometimes when I start the machine it will go up from 10.5 to 18 volts (max) for no real reason. And after starting/stopping a few times it will stay on 10.5v. That unit is a year old... bit iffy. I have ordered 4 batterypacks, set me back 100 euro in total. Those will run up to 12v and (according to reviews) should last 2-3 hours and charge time is 1 hour (USB). Maybe that's an option for you?

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
Ive had both the hurricane and the Aurora ,both worked fine ,I brought them from Alixpress for around 50 usd each

Eiko13

Premium
First Name
Eitan
Thanks a lot guys, I'll get the aurora..
Just fyi the thing itself costs 50usd and shipping to israel also 50usd..😅
I'm lucky i have a friend in Georgia right now and he'll get it for me.
Appreciate your help people.

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
Thanks a lot guys, I'll get the aurora..
Just fyi the thing itself costs 50usd and shipping to israel also 50usd..😅
I'm lucky i have a friend in Georgia right now and he'll get it for me.
Appreciate your help people.
Get one from Alixpress,it’s free shipping

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
never ordered from there...any issues ever?
no mate mate never had a problem,the shipping is slow and even slower since covid,but it’s free , I’ve ordered power supplies, machines , cartridges , cohesive wrap ,ink cups ,squeeze bottles and lots of other bits , they sell dragon hawk machines and also sell Ez machines ,cartridges,grips ,I always wait till they have a sale every few months and you can save 20-30 % off of the retail price +the free shipping ,you guys can get a lot of stuff from Amazon ,but our Amazon doesn’t have as many products as yours