Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Help with white

Thread starter #1
First Name
Tom
Hi only very new to tattooing in fact only a few weeks . I’m on 5 practice piece and it’s the second on pig skin . I wanted to know if any one had advice on using white . I’m struggling to get it into the skin as I want it to be . Example this 5 practise was a lady bird it looks flat as did not have a brighter enough red to create depth and shadow is too dark but the white did not go as planned as all as well as the bloody stencil was way too heavy and won’t budge A7E21653-6D2C-4292-9D12-1BA94DF8A429.jpeg

First Name
Nathan
White is a tricky beast. It will never stay white as skin heals over top and it will fall out over time. With that said, I've heard several good artists say that the pigment for white is larger than most colors and as such using small needle grouping won't work well. What needle groupings are you working with and when you are putting in the white, what angle are you holding the machine? Try using a 7 or 9rl and laying the machine down more at an angle or try slowing the machine down a bit to allow more time for the pigment to enter.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
I don't know how to link to other threads on this same forum, but if you search for "Large areas of white" you can read some, and I've shown a rose I filled with white. Both before, fresh, and healed. Could be interesting for you to see maybe. White is a bitch.