Help

Ashcole

Basic
First Name
ashcole
I did a tatto on my thumb but it didn't really take like it should have. Its been a week ago. Would it be OK to go back over it to fix it and make it look right?

Remove Ads

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Even if it's a small area you should wait ~3 weeks to let it heal. You risk bad healing due to tattooing on crust (think of as the top layer of old snow, and you stick something through it. It cracks on bigger area than the thing you stick through it). When the crust has fallen of it's still sensitive, you shouldn't tattoo it during "snake skin" stage either :)

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
no...if you can't get it to work the first time you need to figure out why it didn't work...or you are going to end up just scaring up your thumb

DKJ

Premium
Media
First Name
Mathieu
thetattooyoyo
I only have one experience of finger tattooing and found it very difficult : strange skin type, hard to stretch, hard to position myself.
And one experience of tattoing back, the day after, and i did cut my wife's skin over a few millimeters, using a 5RL( but i guess needle size didn't matter).

So i think you should wait and read about the subject during that 3 weeks period.

Peace,

DKJ

Ashcole

Basic
First Name
ashcole
whats the difference between tattoo ink and ink the say on for practice skins

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
whats the difference between tattoo ink and ink the say on for practice skins
one can kill you from the chemicals in it...the other is intended for tattooing. got to a shop and let a professional fix it before you kill yourself

Warhorse_Tattoos

Premium Gold
First Name
Dylan
Warhorse_cowboy
Ok curiosity is getting to me. Upload a pic of thumb. What did you attempt to tattoo with a safery pin and pen ink?