Hey Guys.....

Fozz

Premium
First Name
Michael
Hey guys,

It looks really nice here, there's loads of support and no judgement. Makes a change from being shooed off other tattoo forums for not wanting an apprenticeship.......

I'm Michael but everyone calls me Fozz and I'm a 23 year old psychiatric nurse from Lancashire......

Just getting into tattooing as I've been interested in it for years, I was practically brought up in a tattooists' shop. That shop closed up by the time I left school and I couldn't find an apprenticeship anywhere else......

I trained as a nurse at university where designing flash got me some extra spends, and even got a big job designing several ranges of playing cards...... The art I tend to do is kirituhi and other intricate patterns, I do some old school and I like doing posterized/pop art style portraits.......

I'm hoping to do this as a hobby, friends and family..... I'd love to do it professionally, but maybe several years down the line......

Thanks, Fozz.....

Fozz

Premium
First Name
Michael
Thanks guys.....

Schwartzy, I saw your stuff on another forum and it's pretty decent......

It just makes me laugh when they start having a go, quoting all about infection control, bloodborne pathogens etc etc. Even though I've already told them all that I'm a nurse, I know more about them than anyone haha.....

Once they realised they lost that battle, they just outed me as I had no intentions of doing an apprenticeship......

schwartzy

Premium Plus
First Name
Rachel
Thanks for the compliment about my art work. I only go on that other forum as it is good for looking at the drawings and paintings done by other people trying to get into tattooing. Most of the professional tattooists on there seem to be a rather bitter and resentful bunch who think that if you're not prepared to spend years scrubbing their floors and cleaning up after them then you don't diserve to be a tattooist!

Fozz

Premium
First Name
Michael
Yea, I like looking at the other work...... I like watching the art competition they have there, it would be quite fun if they had one going here too......