Hi! A Total Newcomer - Willing to Listen and Learn!

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Thread starter #1
Hi,
my name is Dawn. I am a Fine Artist and have been drawing and painting for as long as I
can ever remember. Last year I completed a Fine Art Degree, and have decided I would now like to follow a long held dream - by learning to tattoo.
Now... I am not taking this lightly.. I realise it is a true skill, and I truly admire great tattoo artistry. Tattoo is an art form in itself, and I feel often goes un-recognised.
My aim is to take my own art making a step further - the body becoming my canvas.

I am joining this forum in the real hope to form attachments and friendships with those of you who will not mock a beginner - who can help and advise me on my new journey.

Many sites are aggressive, rude and derogatory to beginners - but how can we learn?
How did you all begin? Surely everyone started from nothing? So... I am after some help and support here.... please?
This is a genuine first post - I am being totally open and honest.

I need to buy equipment... where do I start?

Sl1pperyweasel

Get more ink..
Donator
Premium
First Name
Graham
Hello, I am a beginner myself & have found all the info & people on this site very helpful. Hopefully you will too.
If you havnt already I would advise becoming a premium member as there is a lot of very useful info in the manual & within the members area.

As a start I get alot of my gear from these sites.

http://www.tattookit.co.uk/Default.asp

http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/

Morrisons sell rolls of pigskin (sold as crackling for yr sunday roast!) which apart from humans is the best thing to practice on. you get 3 rolls for abt 60p.

Sl1pp.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Thread starter #3
Cheers Sl1pp,

I'll take a look at the sites you mention - and get myself off to Morries for some pig skin - can't wait to have a go... dead excited!

First Name
Mark
Cheers Sl1pp,

I'll take a look at the sites you mention - and get myself off to Morries for some pig skin - can't wait to have a go... dead excited!
Hi dawn,please don't run before you can walk...when you get your kit,spend time getting to know your equipment first.....like S/1pp said, become a premium member & download the manual & tuning manual.there is a lot to learn,but i think you are in the right place to start.

First Name
Frankie B
Well Hello Dawn

I was a begginer here ,started practicing 3 years ago did a few tattoos on my own hearts flowers an such . Then I got the course an couldn't beleave all the things i was not doing that i should haVE .tHE COURSE IS WORTH IT AN NO ONE WILL PUT YOU DOWN .If you have a problem an need advice this is the place to come .I live in the states so i can't help to much where to buy gear localy for you .we have one guy in the gang that sells gear on Ebay an he is resonable in prices an won't do you wrong ,Ill get his name for you an Im sure someone can link his site to you ,so stay with us an learn from scratch an you will learn the right an safe way without the hassle from the so called pros out there.:kiss: SUPERTATZ IS THE GUY ON THE SITE TAT IS A SUPPLIER SO SEND HIM AN EMAIL.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Thread starter #6
Thanks so far

Thanks guys, appreciate your time taken to reply.

Think today's the day.... am going to make some decisions and buy some gear!

I will upgrade my membership too - as you all suggested, :confused: think it'll help if I work through the manual.

Wish me luck!!......