Hi All

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Hello

Thought i would say hi names Tony live in essex, i am a total newbie to tattooing, ive had tattoos for years and always wanted to learn to art of it but never had the time, how things change and i now have plenty of time to learn this fantastic art, having nevr used a tattoo machine and doing some research i dicided to go rotary and have bought all the things needed tog et me started at home, i want to practice on pig skin untill i am happy to move onto human skin, and hygine is the top priority to me and my most worring concirn, i really want some good advice on useing pig skin,ive bought some pig skin from morrisons and i need to know the best way to prepair the skin for tattooing, and best needles to use for outlines on it and speed settings.
sorry for asking so much but i just want to get it right so i can post an image up and get your feedback good and bad

Thanks for your time

Tony

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
Hi Tony,

All the questions you ask and more are answered in the book you download when you upgrade to premium member, I did last week and must say I am very impressed with the information in the book and the pieces on infection control and blood borne pathogens are an absolute must, I already know quite a bit about tattooing but must admit I did learn a thing or two from the information myself.

mxtattoo

Premium
First Name
Rob
Hi Tony and welcometo the forum. firstly when you prep the pig skin give it a good scrub with washing up liquid and a mildly abrasive scourer (the ones with sponge on).some pig skin has little slits in it !! make sure you scrub with these as going against the grain as it were will damage it. this helps with applying your stencil as it seems to be coated with something. the manual off this site is realy good and explanes everything you need to know about needles machines speeds etc. needle choice is realy down to your prefference ! when i first started i used 7rl to get used to the machine then tried out loads of different sizes to see what the line size was like. when you have used a few and seen the difference in lines you will be able to judge what sizes you need for different styles of tattoo. good luck mate and practice practice practice. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Thanx for the welcome and info.

i will post other questions later.

is the book thing you download pdf ?

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
The book is a zip file which then becomes pdf, well it did on mine, was a little tricky to download for me but got there in the end.