Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in
  • The latest tattoo drawing contest is now open for entries.
    Enter now to win your trophy. Read more

Hi from the UK

Dazza

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Daryl
I know everyone says start with coils ,but a lot of us on here started with rotaries and a few have now moved to coils , I think once you get more accustom with tattooing you tend to want to try different machines to see if that’s easier than that if you know what I mean ,I going to add a machine that I and Dazza both own it’s a good starting machine ,it’s a copy of a neotat machine and takes both kinds of needles ,it’s good value ,if you look on this site you can buy just the machine for about £45 it’s called the Extreme rotary

Attachments

First Name
Kev
Thread starter #15
Wow, that looks a bit smaller than a coil machine, less intimidating as well lol. You can use tubes/needles as well as cartridges on this ? Will it accept any cartridges or only Dragonhawk ?
Thanks for the website, will show that to her when she gets home from work.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Malin
Agree with @Dazza, a rotary.

I don't know anything about the Extreme rotary, but I trust Daryls advice. To avoid getting completely lost in the jungle it can be a good choice to start from there. And like Daryl says - your wife might be curious on other machines later on.

Last edited:

Dazza

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Daryl
Hi Kev it will take any cartridges as they are all the same,the one in the picture comes with a cartridge grip ,but if you wanted to use traditional needles you can get them all in one as in needle ,grip and tube comes in a blister pack fully disposable,I will post some pics

First Name
Kev
Thread starter #19
That is awesome, thank you so much for the pictures and advice. Have been showing this to my wife and she is sold. One more question (i'm sorry!), there is an Extreme and an Extreme v2 which looks like the needle flow can be adjusted. Which would be the better one to get please ? I was thinking the v2 due to the needle adjustments that can be made, which i imagine could help with preventing the needle going in too deep and carving up the fake skin, or is it a double edged sword where the needle could also not go in deep enough to get the ink to stay?

Dazza

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Daryl
That v2 machine has an adjustable stroke length that’s all ,it doesn’t effect the depth of the needle in the skin ,that is adjusted by the tube vice screw ,you don’t really want to play to much with the stroke length for now as it’s still early days,most machines come with a 3.5 stroke and that’s good for most aspects of tattooing ,google stroke lengths to help you understand better save me trying to explain ,but in a nut shell it means the length of time the needle is in the skin ,also as I don’t have any experience with that machine I don’t know how good it is

First Name
Ben
Post some pics of what you buy. I’m with the others I bought a cheap kit off eBay and the only thing I have left is the funky box and a clip cord. Everything else is in the bin.