Hi

Ant465

Premium
First Name
Anthony
Hi all, just thought I would just pop in and say hello. I've been into tattoos for over 20 years and have many, but would love to have a go myself. My wife is the same only a much better artist than me and I think would be a natural if I can convince her to have ago :icon_rolleyes: but she isn't very confident.

As I suppose everyone does I've been looking to purchase some kit and looked around, including eBay. There appears to be a lot of kit on there but mostly imported from China and cheap. I have to question is it any good though?? Has anyone got any advice or recommendations, if so it will be greatly received.

Cheers.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Hi Anthony, for a starter kit, ebay probably is the best way to go, you can get a kit for under *£40 and it will do you for practising and getting used to things.
The machines can be ok but when they say they are 8 or 10 wrap then they will be will probably be more like 6 wrap, to be honest the inks that came with mine did actually do a good job and you do seem to get a good selection of needles and other bit's and bobs that you will need. The other way is to make your own kit up as you go along, you can get a machine from ebay for as little as *£8 and that will be about the same quality as you get with a made up kit, also just the last 12 months or so, it seems more and more people are swapping over to rotary machines so it would be a good idea to buy a cheap rotary as well, just to see which you prefer before making a more expensive investment.

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
Hi Im from the states but i understand where your comming from . Check out HILDBRANDT they have some starter kits for as little as 50 dollars american an they are from canada I use them they also have a rotary starter kit for around the same they come with good ink needles tubes an other stuff so its worth taking a look at . Hildbrandt tattoo suoply on yahoo.com or wich ever lol
:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: Ed :icon_cool:

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Anthony

I started about 9 months ago with a kit which cost me *£80 it included everything I needed to get started and I still use the same machines now, (although I have replaced the springs and fitted 10 wrap coils). I have since bought several new machines and other bits and pieces, but still use the same kit along with the newer stuff. I bought my kit from Killerink who were very helpfull and don't mind dealing with anyone working from home. Let us know how you progess.:icon_biggrin:

stealth

Premium
First Name
rob
Hello mate & welcome (fairly new here myself) regarding tattoo kits .... there are "loads" of cheap kits avaliable via the internet, you can pick up some reasonable guns / inks etc, but if your going to get serious my advice would be do your homework, ask questions, & lots of practice !

Ant465

Premium
First Name
Anthony
Cheers guys thanks for the welcome and the advice. I'll have a look around before I take the plonge. Good idea to stat with something cheap to practice and then progress. With the coil wraps, I take it the more wraps the coils have the smother the gun will run with less vibration etc? I see there is quite a bit of talk about the different quality of inks, can anyone enoghten me a bit more?

I have also thought of upgrading my membership as there looks to be some interesting info in the premium members area, good idea or not?