Hildebrandt Tattoo Machines Coils and Rotary

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Ill likely sound like a supplier here..let me assure you all I am not. I currently own 5 of the Hildebrandt machines and recently purchased one of their kits for my daughter who is wanting to start tattooing as well. Of the machines I own I have 2 coil machines, a .38 caliper and a .444 magnum, liner and shader set up. I also own 2 hildebrandt Rotary machines, the Marksman Light weight machine, and the Executioner heavy duty machine. The last one is a Valsturd Rotary which looks and operates like a Stealth, its a nice feeling machine and doesnt feel "cheap". On that note, NONE of them feel cheap or cheesy, they all have a good weight and feel to them and operate like a machine should operate and how you would expect it to operate.

I own these machines due to a few factors, number one is price, the average price per machine is $50 which i consider cheap for a tattoo machine, second is quality, I think personally these machines operate and stand up to just about any brand name machine. To back that claim up I took one to a good friend who's been in this business for over 30yrs. and uses a "brand Name" machine, he fell in love with it, and it sounded better running than his did. Third, service, I call these guys (in canada) and make my order and its on my door step in about 5 days.

Most kits come with the typical garbage thats pretty much useless, with these kits I can use pretty much everything supplied except the inks, and I could probably use them if needed. The power supply is LED readout and of very nice quality, the clipcords are decent as well as the foot switches. You also get a nice variety of "typically" used needles, tubes, tips and grips. All in all a good deal for around a $150, and in my opinion (and Ive looked at a LOT of kits), the best bang for the buck. I dont think anybody would be disappointed in this setup from these guys. I just ordered my third "KIT" (last one for my kid), and I will be ordering more from them in the future.

Thats my .02 on this company....overall out of 10, I give them a 9.5.

viper

Remove Ads

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Ill likely sound like a supplier here..let me assure you all I am not. I currently own 5 of the Hildebrandt machines and recently purchased one of their kits for my daughter who is wanting to start tattooing as well. Of the machines I own I have 2 coil machines, a .38 caliper and a .444 magnum, liner and shader set up. I also own 2 hildebrandt Rotary machines, the Marksman Light weight machine, and the Executioner heavy duty machine. The last one is a Valsturd Rotary which looks and operates like a Stealth, its a nice feeling machine and doesnt feel "cheap". On that note, NONE of them feel cheap or cheesy, they all have a good weight and feel to them and operate like a machine should operate and how you would expect it to operate.

I own these machines due to a few factors, number one is price, the average price per machine is $50 which i consider cheap for a tattoo machine, second is quality, I think personally these machines operate and stand up to just about any brand name machine. To back that claim up I took one to a good friend who's been in this business for over 30yrs. and uses a "brand Name" machine, he fell in love with it, and it sounded better running than his did. Third, service, I call these guys (in canada) and make my order and its on my door step in about 5 days.

Most kits come with the typical garbage thats pretty much useless, with these kits I can use pretty much everything supplied except the inks, and I could probably use them if needed. The power supply is LED readout and of very nice quality, the clipcords are decent as well as the foot switches. You also get a nice variety of "typically" used needles, tubes, tips and grips. All in all a good deal for around a $150, and in my opinion (and Ive looked at a LOT of kits), the best bang for the buck. I dont think anybody would be disappointed in this setup from these guys. I just ordered my third "KIT" (last one for my kid), and I will be ordering more from them in the future.

Thats my .02 on this company....overall out of 10, I give them a 9.5.

viper
Ahhh!! Found it!! Good review Mike. I'll check them out.

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
Hi Mike, I have looked their stuff a couple of times and they get great reviews. After reading your post I decided to got for the starter rotary kit at what seems a reasonable price of $139.99...until I added it to my basket and the shipping cost came up as ...$113:cry:. Does that compare to what you paid?
Thanks.

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Hi Mike, I have looked their stuff a couple of times and they get great reviews. After reading your post I decided to got for the starter rotary kit at what seems a reasonable price of $139.99...until I added it to my basket and the shipping cost came up as ...$113:cry:. Does that compare to what you paid?
Thanks.
Wow..thats alot for shipping to anywhere as far as I am concerned. No, my shipping is not nearly that becuase I can us USPS (United States Postal Service), which is relatively inexpensive, even UPS is not nearly that much.
I would definately call the number on the website and speak to them personally, Ive heard they ship worldwide so there should be some other means of shipping. Also, you may want to just check Ebay for shits and giggles, Ive seen them their as well. I hope it works out for you!

.........and I just took a look at the site.

International – Any country outside of North America
Tattoo Kits and quantity orders of other products over the weight of 2kg is shipped via UPS Expedited or Express (depending on the country protocols UPS has in place for that destination). Typical shipping times is 3-6 business days. Tracking email is sent to you within 24 hours of shipping, if you do not receive, please check spam folder.

Tattoo machines, tattoo machine parts, needles, inks and tips are shipped via Canada Post Small Packet International. This service can only be tracked by Canada Post internal servers and does not have consumer online tracking. Typical shipping times is 7-12 business days.
Business day is defined as Monday to Friday excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. All shipping couriers count days by business days.

Last edited:

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve
I totally agree with you Mike, Hildebrandt are a great Company to deal with, their response to my emails concerning information I needed before ordering anything were speedy without delay. I have 5 coil machines, 1 original stealth, 1 stealth lite which was bought from the Tattoo Shop I had nothing but problems with it from the first day, the frame is substandard and bends out of shape, had to replace the locking nut as this stripped its thread. I am not holding the Tattoo Shop responsible only the manufactures of Stealth.
Just received my Hildebrandt Assassin rotary and all I can say is WHAT A MACHINE!!! The build quality is unbelievable and it certainly packs a smooth punch.
It is quite and sits perfectly in the hand, I now think my coils are going to become museum pieces and as for the Stealth Lite it will probably end up as the cats toy .... lol

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
I totally agree with you Mike, Hildebrandt are a great Company to deal with, their response to my emails concerning information I needed before ordering anything were speedy without delay. I have 5 coil machines, 1 original stealth, 1 stealth lite which was bought from the Tattoo Shop I had nothing but problems with it from the first day, the frame is substandard and bends out of shape, had to replace the locking nut as this stripped its thread. I am not holding the Tattoo Shop responsible only the manufactures of Stealth.
Just received my Hildebrandt Assassin rotary and all I can say is WHAT A MACHINE!!! The build quality is unbelievable and it certainly packs a smooth punch.
It is quite and sits perfectly in the hand, I now think my coils are going to become museum pieces and as for the Stealth Lite it will probably end up as the cats toy .... lol

I hear ya! I love ALL of the machines I have from this company, you can't buy a better quality machine for the price..you just cant! Also you need to try out the Marksman and Sniper Rotary, the light weights, youll love them as well and they are a breeze to work with...its like drawing with a pen on somebody, just as smooth as can be! Yes, I agree, my coils??? They sit in the safe and collect dust...

Last edited:

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
OK Mike, I have ordered the starter kit from them, even though I told myself to never buy another kit again :icon_smile:.
Hopefully it lives up to reputation you given it. :icon_cool:
Cheers.

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Rotary or Coil.......either way your gonna love it. Excellent machines for the cost! Please let us know when you get it and definately your thoughts on it!!!

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
Rotary with Executioner and Assassin.
Got to say how impressed I am with their correspondence, they answer e-mails within minutes...even on a Sunday :icon_cool:
Will share my review of them as soon as I have had a shot.

TwistedInk

Basic
First Name
Tom
just ordered the hildbrandt assassin and the executioner :icon_cheesygrin: reviews seem pretty bomb proof so thought the'd make a good start to learning to tattoo with rotary!

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
.............thats Awesome! Let us all know how they work out for you!:icon_mrgreen:

~Just as a side note for future reference, if you call them to order you can customize your kit very easily and they are very accomodating. I didnt want both of the Heavy Rotary's so I got one of each plus the Hitman Rotary. I think now theres only one that I dont have... Worked out great! ~

Last edited:

TwistedInk

Basic
First Name
Tom
.............thats Awesome! Let us all know how they work out for you!:icon_mrgreen:

~Just as a side note for future reference, if you call them to order you can customize your kit very easily and they are very accomodating. I didnt want both of the Heavy Rotary's so I got one of each plus the Hitman Rotary. I think now theres only one that I dont have... Worked out great! ~
Bugger!! I didnt know that!! oh well I'm only experimenting for now, can always change my kit / equipment at a later date once I've got a better idea of my personal preference regarding tattooing! Like i said Im new to this but have been drawing and tagging as long as I can remember so Im pretty confident I can switch from pencil to needle with some practice, just had to pick somewhere to start!!

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
............yeah, if your like me youll order more the same week you get that kit in the mail. I really do like mine that much! Take your time and practice alot! If you can get a hold of pig skins (ears, backs, bellies) Id definately recommend using them for practice work!!!!! Good luck and if you have any questions just give a shout 0ut!

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
UPDATE~~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~~UPDATE

Now at checkout, there is a shipping option for orders larger than 1 kg (think weight of a power supply and up) that allows for USPS or UPS.

CHECK IT OUT...SHIPPING SHOULD BE REDUCED A BIT FOR THE UK ORDERS AND WHATNOT.......

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
OK, Hildbrandt, I got the starter rotary kit with excecutioner and assassin. One of the machines had a damaged motor upon opening the case. I emailed Richard at Hildbrandt ( very helpful bloke and responds to emails within minutes ) and he put a 'thoroughly checked and tested' one in the post that day. the other machine is BRILLIANT, I totally love it, easy to control and although I have only had one shot I could feel and see my lines were much better after a couple of minutes compared to coils.
As for the rest of the kit, really not worth it. The foot pedal hardly works, again I emailed Richard and he apologised but it is a known fault ( but they still send them out anyway). The clip cord is of the cheapest quality-really thin wire, the fake skin is poor quality, I haven't tried the power supply yet.
To be honest, the machine that works ( the assassin) is well worth paying the money for but for everything else in the kit you would be better buying from a renowned supplier i.e. thetattooshop, powerline etc,etc.
As a footnote I had a customs charge of *£24 and a *£12 customs clearance charge from Parcelforce before they would deliver it, something to bear in mind.
Hope this helps anyone who is thinking of buying.
Cheers.

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
OK, Hildbrandt, I got the starter rotary kit with excecutioner and assassin. One of the machines had a damaged motor upon opening the case. I emailed Richard at Hildbrandt ( very helpful bloke and responds to emails within minutes ) and he put a 'thoroughly checked and tested' one in the post that day. the other machine is BRILLIANT, I totally love it, easy to control and although I have only had one shot I could feel and see my lines were much better after a couple of minutes compared to coils.
As for the rest of the kit, really not worth it. The foot pedal hardly works, again I emailed Richard and he apologised but it is a known fault ( but they still send them out anyway). The clip cord is of the cheapest quality-really thin wire, the fake skin is poor quality, I haven't tried the power supply yet.
To be honest, the machine that works ( the assassin) is well worth paying the money for but for everything else in the kit you would be better buying from a renowned supplier i.e. thetattooshop, powerline etc,etc.
As a footnote I had a customs charge of *£24 and a *£12 customs clearance charge from Parcelforce before they would deliver it, something to bear in mind.
Cheers.
Thanks for this little review. It just so happens i'm just in the process of being the sole Hildbrandt UK agent and i'm just putting my initial order into them. I've now taken all the kits off my 'to stock' list and replaced them with machines.

If anyone wants any Hildbrandt machines in the future in the UK, i'll be your man! I'll be stocking a fair bit!! :icon_cool:
Just message me on here. I'll put details of my website etc for this as we get further along.

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Cheers.

Good Honest review...thank you for that! I suppose in retrospect the foot switch is nothing to write home about, the clip cord i got with mine was actually a very nice quality cord? Did you receive a blue one or a clear one? I have the blue one and I am quite happy with it, I wont dispute though if you got one your not pleased with. I think youll be happy with the power supply, Ive got two of them and havent had a issue with either, used them quite a bit as well. Ive not messed much with the fake skins, I use pig skin primarily but i can see your point on this as well. Sorry to hear about one of the machines not functioning...thats a quality control problem and they need to work on that in the future to ensure a good busniness reputation. Overall, glad to hear your pleased with the machines!

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Thanks for this little review. It just so happens i'm just in the process of being the sole Hildbrandt UK agent and i'm just putting my initial order into them. I've now taken all the kits off my 'to stock' list and replaced them with machines.

If anyone wants any Hildbrandt machines in the future in the UK, i'll be your man! I'll be stocking a fair bit!! :icon_cool:
Just message me on here. I'll put details of my website etc for this as we get further along.

woo-hoo!! outstanding! pleased to hear this!

graeme

Premium
Media
First Name
Graeme McKay
Aha, so it's you. I also looked into that and richard told me they were working with a Uk entrepreneur ( thats what he said :D) who would be the sole distributor. So glad it's a member of this forum.
I will def be ordering machines from you.
Cheers mate.

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Aha, so it's you. I also looked into that and richard told me they were working with a Uk entrepreneur ( thats what he said :D) who would be the sole distributor. So glad it's a member of this forum.
I will def be ordering machines from you.
Cheers mate.
Haha... Is that what he called me. I guess it's kinda true I have a number of different businesses, but looking forward to this the most!

13crows

Premium
First Name
neil
flashhighland do you have a website so we can buy bits from you...im after a few bits ,,mainly the rotary machines :icon_biggrin:

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
flashhighland do you have a website so we can buy bits from you...im after a few bits ,,mainly the rotary machines :icon_biggrin:
It'll be happening over the next couple of months. Still in the early stages of getting everything sorted, and there's a hell of a lot of things to sort!!
I'll keep everyone upto date as soon as I have things sorted. It's going to be epic.
Big thanks to you Mike, you gave me the little push I was in need of!

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve

Nice one ;) ;) ;)

steveo9441

Premium
First Name
Steve

Flashland
It's great news and I will be ordering from you, i am still waiting for my second rotary from them and it takes ages and ages, was thinking about becoming a distributor for them myself but you beat me to it, incidently what are the import charges for bulk as Richard warned me that they may be pretty well steep.
Also did you have to get a special import licence to do this?
Anyways looking forward when you are up and running ;)

Wais1

Basic
First Name
Rick
great thread you guys. im really new to the tattoo world and was impressed with the reviews of their machines. for a beginner do yall suggest a rotary or a coil machine, i was even considering buying both. anyways i was going to buy the kit but i read the post about everything else beeing cheap, where would be a better place to get those things? also thanks everyone in advance for the help it will be greatly appreciated.

ReZ

Basic
First Name
Bob
The only thing I don't like about Hildbrandt Machines is that we pay double the price for them in the UK.
In America they cost $49 (which converts to *£30.94) [www tattoomachineequipment com]
And yet in the UK they cost *£59.99 [Www epictattoosupplies co.uk]

Don't get me wrong I would love to try one of these machines, I hear amazing things about them.
I personally just don't think its rite that we should have to pay double the prize.

(P.s I'm not trying to anger anyone, Or say Epic Tattoo Supplies are expensive because there not and I plan to order from them in the near future )

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
The only thing I don't like about Hildbrandt Machines is that we pay double the price for them in the UK.
In America they cost $49 (which converts to *£30.94) [www tattoomachineequipment com]

Don't get me wrong I would love to try one of these machines, I hear amazing things about them.
I personally just don't think its rite that we should have to pay double the prize.

(P.s I'm not trying to anger anyone, Or say Epic Tattoo Supplies are expensive because there not and I plan to order from them in the near future )
The problem with buying from America, is that alot of UK buyers have been slapped with big customs and excise charges on Hildbrandt machines, taking it upto and beyond what you pay at epictattoosupplies.com......

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve

Yep, tis true, there's a delivery charge to get them from the other side of the world into the UK, customers charges etc and then back out to you, the customer! I've been doing these for 40 quid to forum members, which won't last forever. PM me if you're interested.

ReZ

Basic
First Name
Bob
Yep, tis true, there's a delivery charge to get them from the other side of the world into the UK, customers charges etc and then back out to you, the customer! I've been doing these for 40 quid to forum members, which won't last forever. PM me if you're interested.
Yh man I know what you mean, but like I said thats just my opinion.
And thanks for the offer but ive just made a new machine last week lol but thanks alot anyways :icon_smile:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
it's a shame that they can't be licensed out to a machine builder so that they can also be made in the UK to save all the import duties.

ReZ

Basic
First Name
Bob
it's a shame that they can't be licensed out to a machine builder so that they can also be made in the UK to save all the import duties.
Or with could get them smuggled in with all the immigrants lmao:icon_cheesygrin:

Wais1

Basic
First Name
Rick
think im going to order one of the coil kits and a executioner

coopermart

Premium
First Name
Martin
Just recieved my Hildbrandt pro kit! 3x machines would cost *£180 so it was well worth paying an extra *£10 for all the extra bits.......if you were to work it out it would cost over double to but everything individualy, i havent used them yet but the initial look and feel of the machines is far superior that my first machines

I cant stress enough how impressed i am by the quality and quantity of all the items in the kit, the only bad thing is the power supply comes with a non uk plug fitted, but i have a few power leads laying around so not a problem.

the same day my new Iternal inks arrived, so as soon as i have paypal i will upgrade my account and start to post some work!!!

Thanks Steve for the fast delivery (within 48 hours of ordering)

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Just recieved my Hildbrandt pro kit! 3x machines would cost *£180 so it was well worth paying an extra *£10 for all the extra bits.......if you were to work it out it would cost over double to but everything individualy, i havent used them yet but the initial look and feel of the machines is far superior that my first machines

I cant stress enough how impressed i am by the quality and quantity of all the items in the kit, the only bad thing is the power supply comes with a non uk plug fitted, but i have a few power leads laying around so not a problem.

the same day my new Iternal inks arrived, so as soon as i have paypal i will upgrade my account and start to post some work!!!

Thanks Steve for the fast delivery (within 48 hours of ordering)
Crap, sorry about the power lead!! I have these in stock and swap them over for my UK customers! I must of had a really busy day to forget. It's just a standard kettle plug you need. Also, make sure the power unit is switched to the correct voltage for the UK, theres a little switch on the back of the unit, don't switch the unit on if it's set to 110v because you can potentially blow the supply! Any problems, just email me mate: sales@epictattoosupplies.co.uk

Justhurley123

Premium
First Name
Alex
Ordered my machine yesterday (.357 magnum liner) and it came this morning great delivery service! The machine itself looks stunning compared to my old ones which I'm sure we're Chinese! had the day off work so I thought I would give it a whirl and I just can't believe the performance of this machine for the price that they are! My lines are much more solid and not importantly the machine doesn't jam every now and then like my old machines would. This machine is Easily one of the best out there for the price! Very impressed with both the machine and the service! Thank you very much Steve I will definately be buying from you again!

BLinkY

Premium
First Name
martin
I just ordered a kit from ebay...looks like its from flashhighland after reading this thread lol, might have got a discount and saved your pp fees. anyway I'm new to the game, can draw pretty good and have had several tats over the years so I'm looking forward to receiving the kit and starting my adventure.
I'm sure I will have lots of questions over the coming months. Looks like a friendly place.

p.s I bought the kit with the Assassin and Executioner machines.

couple of quick q's for members who have had these kits

1. are the Ink and needles worth using on these kits or would it be better to buy third party inks/needles?

Last edited:

coopermart

Premium
First Name
Martin
There fine for practice but wouldn'nt recomend for real skin, the machines are great and the needles have been ok, but better to know what your using, Powerline do a good selection of needles and tubes and stock good ink

BLinkY

Premium
First Name
martin
There fine for practice but wouldn'nt recomend for real skin, the machines are great and the needles have been ok, but better to know what your using, Powerline do a good selection of needles and tubes and stock good ink
Thanks man I will check out Powerline, but of course I have a lot of practicing to do first. thnx for the reply.