How do you dispose of sharps containers??

First Name
Paul g
sharpz

how would that work with regards to us tattooing by rights you have to have a shop or do you? or do they not ask and just take them from you

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi every1 ;) i just take my shaps bin to a drug rehab place were heroin additcs go ( i absolutly hate the place& 4 the record lol i only go there to dispose of tattoo needles lmao its a grim place but the safest way to disppose that ive found anyhow :thumbsup:

First Name
Robb
Yup have used the CDT center myself for disposal of a sharps box dont like the places either if you go early morning you dont get the junkies. least then i know its being disposed of properly

as far as i know when you open a shop you have to have them disposed of through a company dealing in medical waste obviously its at a cost and dependable on company thats used

I know when i worked in radiology the sharps boxes were put into a corner in a back area for pick up from the porters so if you know anyone working in the hospital locally you could ask

lol just dont be chucking them in the bin
Xaph

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Probably illegal - but I wondered if you could get rid through a diabetic? Not sure if type 1's are provided with disposable bin? Will ask my sis in law as she will know.

Otherwise my husband suggested putting them in a tin and chucking in the metal skip at local tip?????:1

Prob a bit dodgy - but the metal just gets weighed in for recycling? Am I being a bit dim about this?:eek:

First Name
Paul g
We have lots of smackys down my way I will have lots of drop of points to choose from I bet there's more of them than mcdonalds lol thanks for the help:thumbsup:

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
Probably illegal - but I wondered if you could get rid through a diabetic? Not sure if type 1's are provided with disposable bin? Will ask my sis in law as she will know.

Otherwise my husband suggested putting them in a tin and chucking in the metal skip at local tip?????:1

Prob a bit dodgy - but the metal just gets weighed in for recycling? Am I being a bit dim about this?:eek:
Needles should be treated like biological wast more than anything, so just chucking them in the bin or taking them to the tip is the worst thing you can do. That is unless you clean and sterilize them in an autoclave first.

At the shop I worked in we used to sterilize them, then solder off the needles and recycle the needles and bars separately. But if your tattooing from home you can also take them to the chemist and they should sort it out.

First Name
Jais
Needles should be treated like biological wast more than anything, so just chucking them in the bin or taking them to the tip is the worst thing you can do. That is unless you clean and sterilize them in an autoclave first.

At the shop I worked in we used to sterilize them, then solder off the needles and recycle the needles and bars separately. But if your tattooing from home you can also take them to the chemist and they should sort it out.
Well said! Needles should indeed be treated as if they are contaminated, just like anyone you tattoo (even if its your mum or wife / husband) should be treated as if they have Hep, HIV and even fkn ebola. Hep lasts for weeks on needles so chucking them in a skip is totally irresponsible. Even if you autoclaved them before you chucked them in the skip imagine the nightmare few weeks any poor person who gets jagged by one is going to have to go through waiting to see if they caught anything. Not to mention the trouble you'd be in with the police if they ever traced it back to you... Ask your local GP if they will dispose of them for you, or get intouch with a firm that disposes of them you'll have to pay a fee but peace of mind is priceless surely?

First Name
Andy
Have you seen these, possibly could be used for needle bars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozwSATHqI1s

Chemists will have sharps off you apparently, diabetics have a small sharps bin and you could snip the needles off the bar and dispose of them in there.

How about high temperature incineration with an oxyacetylene welding torch or mapp gas torch, cooker flame to make them into a molten blob .......... would it work?

Someone could make a lot of moneyif they come up with an idea to safely disintegrate tattoo needles at home.