Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in

How long to heal

Thread starter #1
Right what it is ive tattooed a tribal on my lower left leg.The black as gone preety patchy after peeling.Question is when can i re;colour in black,i used a 5mag,but im going back to a 14rs when would be the best time its stopped peeling and its 2 week old thks steve.....

First Name
lee
hi in reply

went to deep 2 weeks a long time to heal mate
also you overworked skin use a good cream to mosturize it then when fully healed redo it when i block shade i use around 5volts dunno if this will be posted lee

Thread starter #3
crow3030 said:
went to deep 2 weeks a long time to heal mate
also you overworked skin use a good cream to mosturize it then when fully healed redo it when i block shade i use around 5volts dunno if this will be posted lee
Hi lee n o mate ive not over worked it the black as just come out patchy not used to mags just yet and it hurt being on the front of my shin so i backed off a bit like u do,Anyway its healed great.But i dont want to scar my skin if its to early to go back and re ink the area in black..Any way thanks for replying mate nice one.

First Name
lee
ok only other thing is then you dident go deep eneough are maybe you worked too quick with the pain thresshold kicking in on the other hand the ink pushed out as it healed what colour it heal as black are a bluey colour

Koi

Premium
First Name
Sharron
If you go over it within 5 or 6 weeks, it will hurt like hell. I usually say around 8 weeks to redo a tribal. Black always seems crap at taking first time, and would love to know why from a pro.

Also, i always find that mags dont give a "bold, solid" colour they tend to be a more "faint" fill.

Thread starter #6
its healed black with shades of grey i know ive gone in right but i think were the tattoo is ive sort of shaded as well roughly know what ive done wrong plus the mags had something to do with it,well truthfully ive only just started using them.Ive done other tattooos for friends ect come out great but like i said i used 14rs brill going back to them.Anyway just want to know how long before recolouring......cheers mate

Thread starter #7
Koi said:
If you go over it within 5 or 6 weeks, it will hurt like hell. I usually say around 8 weeks to redo a tribal. Black always seems crap at taking first time, and would love to know why from a pro.

Also, i always find that mags dont give a "bold, solid" colour they tend to be a more "faint" fill.
Thanks for that i will leave it for know even tho its a bit rough and i were shorts in this lovely weather were having mmmmmlol.I can sort it out,But i do prefere the round shaders tho.thanks again.

First Name
Simon Lott
I have the problem the other way round, Done a few tats using 14RS and they come out patchy on myself. Although had no problems on tats Ive done for people. Used a 5MAG the other night and was really impressed on the solid fill and how quick it was. Hurt like hell and quite a bit of bleeding (which I didnt get with the round) BTW did it on my knee!!

iamjaykane

First Name
Jay Kane
I personally find mags good for shading and round for solid colour. But another mate of mine only uses mags and gets great solid or shading with them.