Howdy from Texas, y'all!

tallred67

Basic
First Name
Tim
Okay, now that the stereotypical and cliched greeting is out of the way, my name is Tim and I'm a 52 year old child. Full transparency, I am not a tattoo artist, but I have designed most of my tattoos over the last 15 or so years. Recently, I got another tattoo, this time a sleeve, my first tattoo that's visible when I'm wearing work clothes. It is also my first red tattoo and it sorta blew up. I've got several bumps that look kind of like warts or big zits and they are only on the red. The rest of the tat looks great and has healed very nicely over the last month. Any ideas how to fix this? Doc gave me some cortisone cream, but I can't really see much of a difference. I can't figure out how to post a pic here or I would. Thanks!

fylfot

Premium Plus
First Name
david
Hi tim red is well known as the most common colour ink for people to have adverse reactions to. find out from the artist what brand of ink he used, then when it's fully healed and settled (at least 3 months) get it re hit with an alternative brand of ink.

tallred67

Basic
First Name
Tim
Will the bumps eventually go away on their own or do I need to keep medicating them?