P Hurricane HP-2 Power Supply

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
Hi, just wondered if anyone had one of these power supplies? Got mine today but it had no manual worked out by trial and error how to get most of the functions working except how to get it to power my machines....Foot pedal is bringing it out of hibernate when I press it but not through to the machine. Anyone know if I need to do some strange button pressing ritual to get it working?

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Hi I had one, strange thing put clip cord in and gun started running on its own, no matter how many times i pressed the foot pedal would not switch the gun off.:icon_rolleyes:

Tried 3+ foot pedals & clip cords no joy. Ended up back in the box and stuffed in the bottom draw.:icon_redface:

Hope you resolve your issue but i think there very temperamental.

I now run a Eikon EMS300 really pleased with it.:icon_cheesygrin:

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
Thanks Daz, I know the supply has a feature that lets you keep your machines running without your foot on the pedal - tap on tap off, but without a manual to tell you how to set that feature up its pretty crap, especially as the power supply stays on for 30 mins before auto turn-off... I have a feeling I may end up sending mine back too which is a shame as it has a lot of cool features to it

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
Hi I had one, strange thing put clip cord in and gun started running on its own, no matter how many times i pressed the foot pedal would not switch the gun off.:icon_rolleyes:

Tried 3+ foot pedals & clip cords no joy. Ended up back in the box and stuffed in the bottom draw.:icon_redface:

i got one today as a back up, just in case im tattooing and some thing go's wrong with the one i got as ive had it for 2 years and use every day and its a china $30 job but a good supply anyway got the hurricane hp-2 got it out of the box pluged it in hooked up machines and it runs great all i had to do was set the time and turn down the volts maybe the ones yous got had a fault in them il use it tonite when ive some work to do and do a reveiw on it but seems to be working fine right out the box

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG

hi ive got the manual i will put it up soon it says to push the L-S buttons at the same time for 1.5 sec to turn push on push off mode on or off

Tarantula

Premium
First Name
Jais
Turned out mine was faulty, I got in touch with the supplier andthey sent out a new one free of charge and let me keep the faulty one for spares :) It works great and has some great functions too.

tatteredone

Premium
First Name
Steve
I have one and it works great! I ended up getting it for about $29 on amazon as they have come done in price lately.

MURK

Premium
First Name
craig
I have a hp-2 it is a good power supply and runs my rotaries fine easy to set up and use if anyone needs a copy of instructions i can put up

tatteredone

Premium
First Name
Steve
I see on Amazon that they actually have an HP5 wireless model now. Wonder how these work? Probably need lots of batteries!

MURK

Premium
First Name
craig
Yeah its a wireless footpedal with transmitter pluggin into power supply and the foot pedal acts as receiver with batteries

tatteredone

Premium
First Name
Steve
I think that I will stick with my tried and true HP2. works great and has settings for multiple machines. Can't go wrong with the price either.