Hustle butter

Mucknasty

Premium
First Name
Michael
Ok, so I tried hustle butter for the first time today and I found it acted as a nice lubricant, it helped me glide over the skin easy and when I worked and worked the same area it stopped it from getting as red and inflamed......so ill give it a go next time I tattoo...

Remove Ads

Girlie666

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
ANGIE
@Girlie666
It’s good stuff.. I’ve used it a few times 👍🏻👍🏻

DKJ

Premium
Media
First Name
Mathieu
thetattooyoyo
I only tried vaseline for the moment, and i was looking for something else, what do you people use, out of Hustle butter?

Peace,

DKJ

Mucknasty

Premium
First Name
Michael
I only tried vaseline for the moment, and i was looking for something else, what do you people use, out of Hustle butter?

Peace,

DKJ
Seems like my hustle butter joke went over a few peoples heads...hahaha I did try it for reals . i liked it better than Vaseline but don't take any advice from me cos my experience doesnt warrant it

• Wow
Reactions: DKJ

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
I use A&D ointment. Not sure if you guys have that over there

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
20200608_122717.jpg

I use Hustle Butter and love it for its smell 😃but am switching to this on the photo.

It's made of bee wax, I like that. And I like the idea of supporting enthusiasts.

I've tried several kinds like HB, HB de luxe with CBD oil, Green Eeze, Pink Eeze and actually like them all. I've noticed no difference whatsoever. Vaseline tends to clog needles, otherwise that works too. It's petroleum based though.

DKJ

Premium
Media
First Name
Mathieu
thetattooyoyo
I use A&D ointment. Not sure if you guys have that over there
I've looked already and didn't find it, i should look over Amazon or around its composition.

Peace,

DKJ

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
I'm sure there are products exactly like it there

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
I use Vaseline,because it’s cheap and doesn’t smell and if it ain’t broke I’m not fixing it 🙂

Warhorse_Tattoos

Premium Gold
First Name
Dylan
Warhorse_cowboy
I use AD for tattooing as well. I just got some if the hustle butter to put on my tattoos when they are done. I like it better than aquaphor, seems to heal faster. Havnt used it during a tattoo session yet though.

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Coconut oil is great in Reelskin, but on human skin the low melting point takes away the lubing effect.

Adalheidurbj

Basic
First Name
Aðalheiður
https://www.instagram.com/adalheidurbjtattoo/
What does it do under the wrap?
Sooooooo ive had tattoos with no plastic rap with no vaseline and the juices and stuff becomes crispy... i love the feeling when i remove it after a few hours and wash the stuff away... and the tattoo looks beautiful, soft and nothing is coming out 🙈😇

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Sooooooo ive had tattoos with no plastic rap with no vaseline and the juices and stuff becomes crispy... i love the feeling when i remove it after a few hours and wash the stuff away... and the tattoo looks beautiful, soft and nothing is coming out 🙈😇
Aha 😃

gadsden1776

Premium
First Name
n
I use A&D but there is speculation petro based lubes will draw ink out. Which is one reason not to use them for after care.

I like hustle butter (i got the joke btw... im a sad individual)... but i find it removes my stencil faster than I like. So i'm going to be trying other products. Or just a&d until the stencil is committed. I am excited to try some CBD blends as well.

For after care... I use only tega/sani/what ever derm... wrap. I send them on their way with an extra piece & tell them to wait 3 days, then remove it & clean gently. then reapply. wear 3 days.

I like the idea of coconut oil for it's antiseptic/bacterial benefits... & often tell people to use it for after the derm.

In Nevada a tattoo can't leave unwrapped but wrapping in just plastic wrap can keep it from "breathing". Our shops official instruction was to wear it for an hour. remove. clean. expose to air if not in a contaminated environment. use unscented Lubriderm. One artist said no aftercare product. just don't pick at it & heat it up with a hot rag several times a day. I've never tried that but she has INCREDIBLE work.

If your apprenticing, go with that & experiment later. There will always be improvements & the next big thing. What is really worth it & what is marketing is to be decided.

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
I agree on petroleum. I tell my people don't use it...always suggest an antibacterial cream for 2 days then just unscented lotion. Stuff like aquaphor leaves that giant tattoo imprint on your sheets. :)

I learned the hot compress trick a few years ago. it's gold for keeping the scabbing to a minimum. :)

Dazza

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Daryl
I agree on petroleum. I tell my people don't use it...always suggest an antibacterial cream for 2 days then just unscented lotion. Stuff like aquaphor leaves that giant tattoo imprint on your sheets. :)

I learned the hot compress trick a few years ago. it's gold for keeping the scabbing to a minimum. :)
Scabbing ,we’re supposed to get scabs ,I never knew that 😂