P HZ How to Measure Without a ÂÂ*£Ãƒâ€šÃ‚*£Ãƒâ€šÃ‚*£power Supply

inkstylus

Premium
First Name
Martin
hi,
i was wondering is there any way to meausure how many HZ your machine is running at without one of those fancy power supplys

- my idea a guitar tuner, could this give a reading of machine speed?
after all it is just a mesurment of frequency right? or have i got the wrong end of the stick altogether?

thanks martin

maggot

Premium
Media
First Name
colin
i think your probally worrying too much about it ,look at the tuning guide and play around with your machines until there right for you. Sound and the thumb test work fine most tattooist dont worry too much about volts cycles etc ,some here may disagree but thats my opinion

inkstylus

Premium
First Name
Martin
i think your probally worrying too much about it ,look at the tuning guide and play around with your machines until there right for you. Sound and the thumb test work fine most tattooist dont worry too much about volts cycles etc ,some here may disagree but thats my opinion[/QUOTE

im not really worrying about it i would just like to have a reading for diffrent springs armature bars etc as im still expermenting with diffrent setups. however i do think it is important as speed and force are the two main measurements on any machine, id rather know what the speed is rather than just using guess work, listening and thumbing it. these methods might work fine for the pro but im still learning

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
guitar tuner

I donââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢t think you will get a very good result with a guitar tuner, a guitar tuner detects frequency and frequency is measured in hetz, so the tuners electronics must calculate the hertz from the frequency it is reading. Tattoo artists have ran machines on basic setups for years, it is only recently that the power supplies have become more complicated, most of the stuff is just not needed, it is much better to get to know how your machines should sound and use simple things like the thumb test than be messing around trying to set your machines up by the read outs on your power supply.

Regards
Tony

davree

Premium
First Name
Dave
You could use a multimeter with a frequency gauge, you can get them for about *£25:icon_wink:

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
Alot of people have visited a pro for a day on here , if you want to start off with a thingabob that will measure everything you want i have no clue [ might get expencive . No machine is alike so every time you change from a liner to a shader settings are going to change . Again could get expencive thats why most artist use the sound an thumb rule . Prep your machine for what your using it for liner or shader start off with a low voltage that alows function of the machine , apply the thumb rule adjust voltage accordingly .BEST BET :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: Ed :icon_cool:

inkstylus

Premium
First Name
Martin
did you guys have to pay to visit the pro's? and how much did they charge you?
ive been into one or 2 shops already asking for advice and didnt get a very warm welcome
how did you aproach the shops to spend a day with them?

thanks martin

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
ive been into one or 2 shops already asking for advice and didnt get a very warm welcome

thanks martin
the only way to spend a day with a pro is to pay for it mate......if you speak to WILD,I'm sure she will give you details,(there is a guy in Sheffield,his name is AJ)

TattooJay

Premium
First Name
Jay

thanks martin
A good way is by possibly getting some ink from them and becoming their client.