Idiot Customer

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I have asked for peoples opinions on this tattoo for a good reason, yesterday I had my first real idiot customer, he was pretty intimidating from the start, but I sorted that out by saying you can always go somewhere ells and if you donââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢t fill the form in then I will not be doing the tattoo, he seemed to shrink a little bit after that, I only did the tattoo because he was with a good friend of mine and he had recommended me, he insisted on a very thin outline and the colours must be exactly the same on the tattoo as on the flash he had with him, at the end of the tattoo I was very happy how the tattoo had turned out but he wasnââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢t, he is now seeking a second opinion from another tattoo artist, and he said if the other artist sayââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢s it is ok then he will pay me, so please let me know what you think, the picture is a bit dark but you can still see it OK.
Regards
Tony
9.jpg

Remove Ads

Spiral

Premium
First Name
martin
well, i have been there too, when some one has their own ideas stuck it their head of what works,just remember whos doing the tat and as you stated, he could go somewere else, dont know why he thinks needs a second opinion,( he didnt just visit the doctors ) it looks sweet to me good solid colour and nice lines, no need to worry trust your own judgement, take money up front too, good job

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
Its a Shame we cant see the reference pic to compare the both but as a tattoo, it looks good to me, the colours are nice and bold etc. theres a couple of wobbly lines but nothing major. This bloke is taking the piss and it wouldnt surprise me if he doesnt come back to pay up. I bet your very annoyed, i would be fuming!:icon_redface:

What were his excuses for him not liking it??

khosmy

Premium
Media
First Name
Edgar Valerio
Unfortunately that kind of people always comes up, when i am not confortable with someone, when someone comes to me with the same kind of talk as he went to you, i usually tell them to go somewhere else.
I don't mind not doing some work if i don't feel comfortable with the customer, it can always prevent future headaches.

From the moment we came with "it must be EXACTLY like that" that would have been a set off to a "no ty", because we all know, that there are always small things that don't come up EXACTLY like a flash, or whatever.

To be honest all that was an excuse so that in the end he wouldn't pay you, because the tattoo looks very nice, and you as the one who made it, if you were really happy about your work, than at that moment you were the only one that actually knew if it went ok or not.

Next time send them somewhere else, some customers think they know beter than the person that is actually gonna do the work, and those are the ones to avoid.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I should of put the flash up for you to look at, I tried to explain that the picture he had was actually a picture of the tattoo just being finished on somebody else and that the yellow on the wings could end up more of a yellow colour when it heals up, when there is no blood mixed in with it but he just said I was having him at it, but what ever colour it ended up I could just go over it after it had healed, if he wasnââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢t happy.
9.jpg 10.jpg

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Looks like you've done a really neat job of that. Don't understand the issue. Looks cock on to me. I'd be happy with myself if I'd of done it.

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
Well the pictures are proof, he recieved what he asked for, you done it really well so if he does come back, tell him your honest opinion and that you want your well earned money, if he doesnt show, just try and forget about the whole thing. The guy is a nob head - simple as that.:icon_smile:

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
I agree with the rest of the crowd, you did a great job, and should be compensated.. Nice work!!!:icon_mrgreen:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Things like this can put me back a little bit, i was thinking is it just me saying it's ok, well now the money really doesn't mean anything and instead of feeling a bit of a failure i feel proud of myself and I thank you all for that.

regards
Tony

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
Tony dont let a twat like that get to you, that tat is top stuff mate, they guy just likes to moan and get free things by doing it, looks just as good as the flash, top tat mate be very proud of it.

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
Very neat job, i would be very pleased with it. Tell him you will re work it to his liking and write tw*t over it :)

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Tony

That is a really decent tattoo and I would be very happy with it. I bet your mate feels pretty bad for introducing him to you. Just put it behind you and be assured there is nothing wrong with your tattooing, he's just an ungrateful tw*t who knows nothing. If he does come back to pay charge him interest. I have had something similar happen when the guy so called forgot his wallet but promised to drop the money off the next day, this was about 2 months ago. I have his details on the consent form but he doesn't answer his phone or relpy to letters. So now if I don't know the customer I ask for payment up front or at least a deposit. I hope you get your money as you deserve it for such a good tattoo. :icon_smile:

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Good tattoo mate, agree with everyones comments. The guy sounds a complete spanner.

Dont let an idiot get you down and like everyone has said i would be happy with this tattoo.

Well done :thumbsup:

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
What he's done is actually illegal mate and you can get him done..... A similar thing happened to a friend of mine; another friend, a police officer, said that if he hasn't payed for services rendered then it's classed as theft and arrested him......

What he could of done though, would be to pay you on the understanding that you'd pay him back if trading standards say it's a poor job.....

I personally think you've done an excellent job mate and haven't got anything to worry about. And is that second picture even a real tattoo?? The ripples and plastic-looking border make it look like a transfer tattoo, in which case, no tattooist could make it that bright and keep it that way.....

Keep it up mate, he's just a clown.....

13crows

Premium
First Name
neil
nothing wrong with your work m8 the bloke is a complete idiot ,,,coloured inks will always come out different on different skins and all makes are different ,,as far as i can see you got that as close as you could,,,pesonally i wont tattoo from wot someone finds on the net ill alwas try and get them to change to a design i have done makes it a bit more personal ,,,but then im a fussy old git lol dont let the loonys get to you m8 :icon_cheesygrin:

Pancho

Premium
First Name
Dale
That looks bloody fantastic, as said before he was after a freebie, don't let it get to you, your obviously a pro.:thumbsup:

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Real shame Tony - your work looks absolutely fine! On your disclaimer do you have a section where it explains you will get as close to design as poss ... Skin not a flat piece of white paper etc? If he signed your form then he is agreeing to this... ( though likeness to design looks v close to me). I'd have referred him to this when he refused to pay - but basically it sounds like he wasn't going to pay from the outset!! W@nker!!
Take it as a lesson learned and anyone behaving like this in future just send them away!! It's not worth the grief or knock to your confidence!

frontosa

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
your work is spot on m8 well done, i like it keep up the good work.

and i have read he is a friend of yours ? Hmmmm who needs a friend like that lol.

lordbaalnox

Premium
First Name
Lee
Tony mate, dont let that twat knock you, the tattoo you done is great, good job and you know what put it down to experience and move on or else it will drag you down for months....

tell you what I'd do if he turned up to pay me at a later date, I'd tell him to shove his cash where the sun don't shine and not darken my door again, then I'd make sure he never got a tattoo anywhere within my local area....not that im vindictive lol

Good job :icon_biggrin:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
no unfortunately Dawn my disclaimers don't say about colour difference but before i did the tattoo he insisted on a very thin out line and he wanted the colours to be the same as the picture he provided, so i did say to him that i will use a three sound liner and i will get the colours as close as i can with the make of inks that i use and as you know yourself the hawk liners are very tight, I'm going to print an extra bit about colour differences on the back of my disclaimers for them to sign in the future but like most people have said i don't think he had any intention of paying however good or bad the tattoo turned out.
due to all of the kind words from the members of this site I feel much better about it now but if i find out that he is telling people that i'm doing bad work well then i will have to pop round for a chat with him, thank you every body.

stealth

Premium
First Name
rob
Skin_ed wrote :
Very neat job, i would be very pleased with it. Tell him you will re work it to his liking and write tw*t over it
:icon_lol: love it Skin_ed :icon_exclaim:

toetoe62 the guy is a obvious free loader & wanted a free tattoo, just do as Skin_ed said :icon_idea:

mcowan226

Premium
First Name
michael
Forget about the customers opinion. 9 times out of 10 we are our own worst critics. If you were actually happy with it, it was definitely a great job. From what i can see in the pictures, your color blending was smother then the original. Nearly every tattoo I've done, the customer has been overly pleased, and all I can see is the one wobble, or overshade I don't like. Tell your friend his buddies aren't welcome anymore.

ChrisWarren

Premium
Media
First Name
Chris
Your a lot nicer about the situation then I would have been. I doubt he would have ever made it to my chair.

TattooJay

Premium
First Name
Jay
I have asked for peoples opinions on this tattoo for a good reason, yesterday I had my first real idiot customer, he was pretty intimidating from the start, but I sorted that out by saying you can always go somewhere ells and if you donââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢t fill the form in then I will not be doing the tattoo, he seemed to shrink a little bit after that, I only did the tattoo because he was with a good friend of mine and he had recommended me, he insisted on a very thin outline and the colours must be exactly the same on the tattoo as on the flash he had with him, at the end of the tattoo I was very happy how the tattoo had turned out but he wasnââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢t, he is now seeking a second opinion from another tattoo artist, and he said if the other artist sayââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢s it is ok then he will pay me, so please let me know what you think, the picture is a bit dark but you can still see it OK.
Regards
Tony
View attachment 2402
Tat looks good, get money up front always.

Kaz

Karen
Premium
First Name
Karen
looks good to me. Do you take deposits? many shops take say a *£50 deposit and knock it off the cost off the tattoo, even a drop in and wont tattoo before had without it... A good way to secure payment IMO.