Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in

i'll get there one day

First Name
Jaimie
Thread starter #1
The statue of liberty is the first on myself using 5rl,8rs.The praying hands are the same needle spec.The lady was more than happy but now when i look at the pic i can spot a couple of errors and maybe could have feathered out the shading a bit more.No worries ya live and learn.

Attachments

Patrick

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Patrick
Nice Tatts

The statue of liberty is the first on myself using 5rl,8rs.The praying hands are the same needle spec.The lady was more than happy but now when i look at the pic i can spot a couple of errors and maybe could have feathered out the shading a bit more.No worries ya live and learn.
Hi Roland

Both examples look really good and I bet the lady is very happy witn the praying hands, I have seen similar designs on other people and yours look equally as good if not better. I haven't tried tattooing myself yet but I imagine it's quite difficult? From the picture it looks as if it's on your left forearm which is where I would put mine if I'm brave enough. Not sure if could actually tattoo myself so any tips / advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Patrick

First Name
Jaimie
Thread starter #3
Cheers Patrick,
I think its the best real practice Tattooing myself it gives you the chance to explore different theorys.If you choose a design with lots of lines and shade then do a little every day.The real bonus is there's little nerves or time limits.When working on other people i would tend to hold back being worried about causing to much pain.But this does reflect in lines as you dont always get a solid single pass.Adding a little more pressue and i got better results on myself.The Statue of Liberty is on the front top of my thigh.I read that this is the best area to TAT yourself as you can get a good strech on the skin.You have a good mixture of skin surface like near to bone,muscle and fat.And if it goes tits up then its easy to hide.One tip and i think its explained in the Manual.I spent 2 hours sitting down drawing a portrait above my knee.I liked the look but when i stood up the face looked like a squashed orange.These things are here to test us