In a Tribal What is Your Technique?

I thought it will be good post to tell our technique for tribals..(because of frequency in tribals)maybe improve our technique listen everyones what have to say.

Mine is :

1. Lining with RL
  2. Fill in with MAG the big parts
  3. Fill in the tight spots (corners) with RL as the lining
  4. Fill in (if exist) all the small empty ink spots that missed before from MAG with RL as in the lining

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
JD
Depends on the piece..
But if It's a big one, I line with something like a 14RL, then fill in the small corners and narrow areas with the same 14RL.
If the piece needs it, I will then come in with a 5RL or 7RL and sharpen tips, and sculpt any botched curves or lines.
Then I just fill with a soft and fast 15M, slowly for hours and hours.
Always use several smaller ink caps, rather than 1 or 2 large ones, because they get filled up with plasma and thinned out.
Also make sure to rinse the needles often, they will get filled up with that skin, Vaseline, and ink sludge.
If that happens, they will not work worth a damn.
If it gets too gunked up, I keep a spray bottle of alcohol in a barrier bag handy to squirt down the hole on the tip, and out the bottom.
This will really flush out the crud. (make sure to do it with a couple paper towels cupped over the tip. It will create a good amount of over-spray and could be a contamination risk if you're not careful)
On a side note, I hate doing tribal. :icon_mad:

boaz

here to help and learn
Premium
First Name
matt
To reduce contamination risk use ultrasonic cleaner if poss