Inconsistensy, pls help

jilaeast

Basic
3 Jan 2021
Sweden
First Name
Jonas
Hi guys! In need of guidance! So, the main issue is my coil not feeling consistent. Let me explain:

I totally re-calibrated my armaturebar including spring and contact screw, to make the needle more centered over the grip/tube. Which i do from time to time just to make sure my machine runs as good as possible. (Lot of parts in vibration, maintenance etc)

i made 2 very small tats on 2 different friends of mine with a 3RL No issues, solid lines. Both took about 20 min total in machine runtime. Day after i run the machine with the same setup. Same needle group, same ink, and around the same amps. It went fine for 20 mins again, but after a while it felt like i lost all gap. No penetration, needle bounce, lack of color and inconsistent lines.

so the real question is, do i really need to crank the screw (not contact screw) on the armature bar to the extreme, to make it hold agthe vibrations longer?
Or is it me needing to stretch even more?
is it something else?
i know this might be vague, but i appreciate every idea and thought that might help! Thanks!! :giggle:

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
31 May 2011
Media
Stoke on Trent
First Name
Andy
yea working with a coil must be a pain in the ass without a mentor to teach you how to tune it.

but lining with rotaries sucks...
Coils do work great but there is maintenance and tuning involved which can be difficult and time consuming to learn how to do it yourself.

lining with rotaries doesn’t have to suck, some perform the task very efficiently with standard tubes and needle bars, I never thought I would switch from coil to rotary for lining 😳

Remove Ads

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
31 May 2011
Media
Stoke on Trent
First Name
Andy
Any tips? I would be stoked to never have to use a coil again.

I use direct drive adjustable stroke rotaries.
carts work well in direct drives as a linear action seems to be more efficient than an orbital action, my daughter uses her DD with smaller grouping needle and tube for lining, I use an Artisan side shift these days with traditional needles and tubes, lines just like a coil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.