• Later today, the site will be offline for essential server upgrades. This upgrade should run without any problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ink coming out of the fake skin

Vampire.0824

Basic
First Name
Sabrina
For about a month now, after I do a tattoo on fake skin, I wipe it clean and then ink comes out. I haven't not been using anything new, my machine is in tune, I shake my ink, my needle is not set too far out, i also have played around with depth and I have not done any new techniques since this problem happened. I've been completely clueless on what this issue is since I have not changed anything.

Remove Ads

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Hi Sabrina, you asked the same question some time ago. Have you tried anything to solve it since then? 🙂

Vampire.0824

Basic
First Name
Sabrina
Hi! I have been trying things to solve this issue. I've tried new ink, I've tried re-tuning my machine, I have played around with depth, I've also changed how far the needle sticks out. Haven't yet figured it out though.

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
If you go to the extreme by going extremely deep, and extremely slow - what happens then?

Photos would also help 🙂

Vampire.0824

Basic
First Name
Sabrina
Going very slow and very deep gets my needle stuck into the fake skin, I know fake skin is tough so I try to go as deep as I can to keep the ink into the skin. My linework is good and the pigment is there but when I use some Vaseline and wipe off the excess ink with a paper towel some of the ink comes right out. Going slow, going faster, going deeper hasn't worked just yet.

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Some ink always comes out, the important is if any ink is staying 😏

Fake skin really isn't that hard to tattoo. You claim you have done just about everything right, but obviously you haven't as you're not happy with the result. The only way to find the problem is to go over every part of the procedure till you find what's your specific problem. One thing I'm wondering about is you say you're needle isn't sticking too far out. What does that mean according to you? Maybe what you mean by not too far actually is too short? I have my needles about 4mm out, which is very much, but I don't dig all that down in the skin 🙂

It really would help with photos.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.