Ink just won’t stay in...help?

Pandoraaa

Basic
24 May 2020
England
First Name
Pandora
Hi guys!
Im looking for some advice (Surprise surprise)
I’m a newbie to the site, but I’ve been lurking on here getting general tip bits of information...
However, I’ve now encountered a problem I haven’t before and I’m a little stumped and hoping for some help!

Brief description of me, I used to tattoo professionally for about 4 years - however I quit and have been out of the business for about 8 years. I’ve not returned professionally but more as a hobby amongst lock down - and my partner get the perks of having free tattoos.
I’ve set myself back up again with a bishop rotary v6 with a Fantom grip and using cartridges.
I’ve got myself dynamic Black ink and have a power supply from aurora.

I have been tattooing practice skins to get me back in the groove and all seemed well.
Here’s where I’m having trouble - come to tattooing my partners fingers. Ink goes in well. I’m stretching. looks fantastic afterwards - everyone is happy.
Now 4 weeks on. There is barely a line left in the fingers. It’s slowly scabbing and falling out. And then what you think is left in from the looks of it then in turns starts to scab and fall out. Has anyone else had this? Is it him rejecting the ink? Or is it something else?
Sorry to sound clueless but I’ve looked all over and can’t seem to figure it out.
Thanks in advance x

Pandoraaa

Basic
24 May 2020
England
First Name
Pandora
I don’t know if you guys will be able to see this. But this is the immediately after and then now (I know I’m not the next big thing ! Like I said it’s more for my partner who wants them)

Dazza

Premium Gold
25 Jul 2016
Media
Perth
First Name
Daryl
Finger Tatts are a pain ,apparently because we don’t have much fat on our fingers ,as Mark says depth is the key and persistence

Remove Ads

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
17 Dec 2014
Media
Stockholm
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
My experience is that it's harder to make it stay the closer you get to the nail, so to say. It's easier to get it to stay between the first two knuckles.

Torb

Premium
10 Jun 2014
Media
Nelson
First Name
Torbjorn
I did the side of a finger once. Went deep and it looked super solid. A few weeks later all the colours had gone. I'll never do a finger again.