Ink querys

Tris

Premium
First Name
Tristan
Hi All

Been looking at ordering some different inks to try out and came across a nocturnal greywash set. Has any off you guys used this brand? Is it any good? And what is the shelf life after opening them?

Next question is im going to attempt some new school stuff, can anybody recommend me a brand that has nice bright bold colours aand a shelf life of 12 months after opening? Ive bought eternal before but shelf life is only 6 months after opening and i ended up having to use it on practice skins.....
Sorry for all the questions but i am not tattooing full time at the moment so didnt want to be wasting the ink.

Thanks

Remove Ads

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
All Nocturnal sets are great, actually that's all I use for black or blackngrey. Shelf life after you opened the bottle is 12 months according to label.

The tone of Nocturnal slightly differs from other inks, it doesn't get as greenish/bluish.

Here's an artist who uses it:

TexasPT

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Mark
@marknovak5572
I love solid ink for bright colors. Intenze is great. Not sure about shelf life. I emailed eternal once and they said expired ink can be used as long as it isn't dried out. And if it is, you can add a little witch hazel.

P$ Productions

Premium
First Name
Paige
All Nocturnal sets are great, actually that's all I use for black or blackngrey. Shelf life after you opened the bottle is 12 months according to label.

The tone of Nocturnal slightly differs from other inks, it doesn't get as greenish/bluish.

Wow looks almost brown in comparison to the other blacks I have seen. So cool.

Tris

Premium
First Name
Tristan

Thanks for the info, i may give it a go, i only have been using dynamic making my own washes its works great for me but was looking for some premade stuff, i have darkish skin so dynamic always heals great for me.
Would u recommend nocturnal for darker skin tones?

Tris

Premium
First Name
Tristan
I love solid ink for bright colors. Intenze is great. Not sure about shelf life. I emailed eternal once and they said expired ink can be used as long as it isn't dried out. And if it is, you can add a little witch hazel.
Cheers for the info mate, i have used intenze opaque white before and the shelf life was 12 months after opening.

Tris

Premium
First Name
Tristan

How is it for linework? Do you use it for that aswell?

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
How is it for linework? Do you use it for that aswell?
I've always used the Nocturnal Super Black for lining. It's always said on their homepage that you shall dilute with 15% water when lining though, so I've been doing that.

20200906_095612.jpg

They haven't mentioned that on the bottles though. But on last bottle I bought it actually says "Not suggested for lining":

20200906_095637.jpg

And yesterday when lining with it I was thinking I will order their other bottle next time, which is for both lining and shading:

Screenshot_20200906-100202_Chrome.jpg

The ink flow gets affected if you don't dilute it with 15% water, and I would like to try this other one to see how I like that 🙂 When I don't dilute the Super Black at all it becomes too thick, hence the poor ink flow. Great to shade with though (diluted or undiluted).

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Thanks for the info, i may give it a go, i only have been using dynamic making my own washes its works great for me but was looking for some premade stuff, i have darkish skin so dynamic always heals great for me.
Would u recommend nocturnal for darker skin tones?
Yes, I would recommend it for darker skin tones. Did a back piece on a guy from Chile with pretty dark skin tone (not very dark though and it worked great (most on photo is healed).

20200906_101759.jpg

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Wow looks almost brown in comparison to the other blacks I have seen. So cool.
It definitely doesn't have a brownish tone, more charcoal. Total lack of bluish or greenish tone, which I personally appreciate very much 😊

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
I've ordered a bottle of Nocturnal lining&shading now, I'll let you know what I think of it 🙂 Unfortunately I won't get it till Tuesday when I'm doing lining on a tattoo

Raskal 1220

Premium Plus
First Name
Chase
I use Solid Ink like the way it goes in. You can’t beat the price of their complete sets. It can be a little thick but I add literally 2 drops of the Solid Ink mixing solution to it and it makes it a little bit thinner. Also I have a Bloodline travel set that is good. For white I like Starbrite Colors brite white.

Tris

Premium
First Name
Tristan
I've ordered a bottle of Nocturnal lining&shading now, I'll let you know what I think of it 🙂 Unfortunately I won't get it till Tuesday when I'm doing lining on a tattoo
Thanks ive order a full set of nocturnal now with 3 shades of greywash, lining ink, and white hopefully it will arrive soon.

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
@dzikichrzan
I'm using now noctural west cost grey wash set and its pretty nice, comparing to intenze greywash set it heals completly grey if that make any sense and intenze is more dark, i also really like the silverback xxx series, but their ink flow sucks for me with stippling for example, with mags works fine

MalligaMallan

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Malin
@tattoo.morth.art
Thanks ive order a full set of nocturnal now with 3 shades of greywash, lining ink, and white hopefully it will arrive soon.
20200909_143148.jpg

Got my Nocturnal bottle for Lining&Shading now - maybe will try it on Saturday. At the latest next week. Looking forward to it 😊

I actually haven't tried their white ink. Niki Norberg whose account I posted a link to, always uses Radiant white, so that's what I use too. Will be interesting to hear your review of it.