Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Ink

Guinness

Premium
First Name
Mick
Hi all
Thanks for the opportunity to learn to tattoo

I have only just joined and down loaded the course (which for the price of a Pac of fags and a ½ pint of beer I can NOT fault it.)
I have a tattoo kit and done some work on practice skin and pig skin ÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*€šÂ¬Ã…*€œ I found both very good, but the pigÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s skin was a lot easier to colour / shade.

My question is this.
I have bought some ink (from powerline Tattoo supplies) the super bright range.

I bought the 60ml bottles of ink and I had the idea that it may be a good idea to get a larger white and tone down my colours e.g. dark blue to light blue, dark green to light green etc......
I bought the 15ml bottles and then I saw on a forum the other day that you should not mix your inks!
Can anyone advise me before I do mix them and scrap *£35 worth of ink!

On saying that I canÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢t do any harm on the pig skin but I would have to buy new when it comes to the real thing.
Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before but i couldn't find anything about this subject.
Mick

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frankie B
if the ink is the same brand its fine to mix them but different brank use different types of ink so it is not wise to mix different brands of ink:p

Deziner

The Bitch!
Premium
First Name
Claire
Yeah, same answer from here. But just mix small amounts of lights as you need them. (Do it in the ink pot) unless of course it is a bigger tatt and you will need consistency.
If you watch dvds such as nate beavers or josh carlton, they hardly ever use straight colours.

Guinness

Premium
First Name
Mick
I take your advice and thank you very much and I will stick to the rule.

but just for my own curiosity is it a dangerous thing to do.

the ink that came with the kit is KASHOHU

thanks to battlemedic & Deziner for your responce