Interesting Read

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
Interesting. But blimey! The conditions she was working in? I'm still new to it all but even I know about the importance of tattooing hygiene. Actually, I'm a bit O.C.D. about it...

schwartzy

Premium Plus
Media
First Name
Rachel
The fag ends by the sink are a particularly nice touch. Not the brightest thing to do to advertise yourself on facebook even if working in a proper hygenic way, let alone like this!

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
this subject came up some months ago and I said then that it is illegal tattooing people without registration, and I just got bad feed back from two of the members on this site, thats the reason I only post work i have done on real skin when it has been done in a registered tattoo studio, you never know who is looking in.

regards
Tony

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
this subject came up some months ago and I said then that it is illegal tattooing people without registration, and I just got bad feed back from two of the members on this site, thats the reason I only post work i have done on real skin when it has been done in a registered tattoo studio, you never know who is looking in.

regards
Tony
i think if you keep things clean, use a med sharps bin for needles that you can take to a place that junkies take there needles to so they can be gotten rid of in the right way, registration isnt a big deal , if it had of been clean she might not have got in the shit from what i seen ,fast way to get '' hep c . b . and hiv
there are a lot of clean backyard tattooists ,as a pro and have my own shop i hate the way that tattooing is been made closed to others who are better than some pro's , like shops not selling them gear, not fair and not right,you got to start some were, the main thing is keep it clean i would rather get a shit tattoo from some where that was clean then a wicked tattoo from some who is going to make you sick

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
this is how it was going last time, you start off by saying I think and thats ok, but the real issue is you need a studio that is registered for the simple reason to get rid of the people who don't give a dam about health and safety, I do agree with you but it's not me that makes the laws, it would be nice if they could meet us half way and let us register as a hobby until we are ready to start a full business.
regards
Tony

heritage74

Premium
First Name
lee heritage
i totally agree with tony im in a same sort off situation now i love tattooing as a hobbie and people have asked for me to tattoo them. i was going to build a studio in my back garden because i dont want to tattoo as buisness just a hobbie but because people have asked to me for tattoos i have to register as a buisness

stupid really especially when i do everything by the book ie disposable needles,tubes,grips,autoclave,ultrasonic cleaner

akka

Premium
First Name
Ben
not the best advert for non pros in the buissiness maes everyone who doesent have a shop look bad

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
You are your best advertisement, if you are good at what you do and keep it clean you will do ok.

akka

Premium
First Name
Ben
yeah good point i was thinking about the general publics opinion

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Uuurgghhh! God them pictures look my room/studio look mint.
I heard somewhere that if you get caught tattooing without your premises being registered, you will struggle to get anywhere registered in the future. As far as i am aware, i do not need to be registered myself, but the premises needs to be registered and inspected periodically by the health dept of my local council.
Two questions though?

1. If i phone them out to inspect my back room, and they say... Have you already been tattooing in here? What would you say? Yes, no, or just tattooing piggy? Then you are basically saying you have no experience whatsoever, and surely that is a no no with them.
  2. What if it fails the test the first time round, say for something very petty? Or you know for a fact they just HATE home tattooists. They are going to watch your house like a hawk in the future, but are never going to pass it!
This is the only thing that puts me off registering to be honest, because i love it, and would hate the total knock back.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I think you are worrying over nothing, they don't hate us they just want to be able to monitor us, and as far as your previous experience in tattooing they don't really care, they only care about the health and safety part of tattooing, also if they say it is not suitable for tattooing they will tell you why and what to do to make it suitable without putting you on some sort of black list, they really are not against us they want to work with us.
regards
Tony

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
I think you are worrying over nothing, they don't hate us they just want to be able to monitor us, and as far as your previous experience in tattooing they don't really care, they only care about the health and safety part of tattooing, also if they say it is not suitable for tattooing they will tell you why and what to do to make it suitable without putting you on some sort of black list, they really are not against us they want to work with us.
regards
Tony
I certainly hope so Tony, because i am about to take the plunge. :icon_cheesygrin:
I would still like to know if laminate flooring is ok, or do they class it as porous.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I would say don't use it, or if you have already got it down then just see what they say, it doesn't take much getting up.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
I contacted my local council & they told me that i can practice on family members only,& must not charge any money.....they told me that laminate is ok & if i am using disposables,i don't need an autoclave....this said,all councils are different.

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
so they are saying that it's ok to hurt your family members but nobody els, we don't need to inspect your place we believe you that everything is in order, I would check again if I was you and get it in writing, it has nothing to do with money unless you are unemployed or who you practise on, it's to do with health and safety.

regards
TONY

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
so they are saying that it's ok to hurt your family members but nobody els, we don't need to inspect your place we believe you that everything is in order, I would check again if I was you and get it in writing, it has nothing to do with money unless you are unemployed or who you practise on, it's to do with health and safety.

regards
TONY
I have it in writing,they were more than willing to help...The reason they said that no money should change hands, is because if it does,it is then a buisiness,and i have to be registered...only tattooing family & not charging any money,is classed as practice....they sent me forms to fill in if i want to register,and sent me all the information i need for setting up a tattoo area.....

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
the other way around this is to take a donation that is what some pepole do over have in nz , like the maori and samoan tattooists who do the traditional tattoo work it cost say $1000 to do your face but they say they will take a donation that way you can do part time tattooing and not get ,done with register,and the buisiness thing
dont take this the worng way im not into breaking the law , just a way for some of you to cover your costs for over heads and keep it clean with extra cash to buy the things you need , im about the art and the tattoo there are some good artists out there who just need a shot, i was just lucky to get that shot and go in to a shop and be trained , alot of pepole must give up tattooing cos of the hole register,and buisiness thing would hate to see pepole give up some thing they are good at and love doing just cos of the hole buisiness thing

Last edited:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
I read this on the internet and there is no mention of the place being dirty but they closed him down purely on the basis of tattooing illegally because he was not registered.

AN unlicensed tattoo parlour operating out of a Hertford home's kitchen was raided and closed down by police yesterday (Monday July 11).
Officers from Hertford's safer neighbourhood team and East Herts Councilââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢s environmental health department executed a warrant at the Longwood Road address and seized a large amount of tattooing equipment.
PC Mark Bullen said: ââ*€šÂ¬Ã…*€œWe find it hard to believe that members of the public would place their trust and health in the hands of an unlicensed operator.
ââ*€šÂ¬Ã…*€œWe would urge anyone who is considering getting a tattoo to do their research and ensure they check that the person carrying out this procedure is licensed to practise."
The council's executive member for community safety and environment, Cllr Malcolm Alexander (Con, Ware Trinity) added: ââ*€šÂ¬Ã…*€œAnyone getting a tattoo from an unlicensed parlour runs the real danger of picking up a serious infection such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C or HIV.
"Itââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢s not worth the risk.
ââ*€šÂ¬Ã…*€œWe would encourage anyone who has visited an unregistered tattooist to seek medical advice from their GP.
ââ*€šÂ¬Ã…*€œWe will work with the police to keep the residents of East Herts safe and clamp down on this sort of illegal activity."

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
I read this on the internet and there is no mention of the place being dirty but they closed him down purely on the basis of tattooing illegally because he was not registered.

AN unlicensed tattoo parlour operating out of a Hertford home's kitchen was raided and closed down by police yesterday (Monday July 11).
Officers from Hertford's safer neighbourhood team and East Herts Council’s environmental health department executed a warrant at the Longwood Road address and seized a large amount of tattooing equipment.
PC Mark Bullen said: “We find it hard to believe that members of the public would place their trust and health in the hands of an unlicensed operator.
“We would urge anyone who is considering getting a tattoo to do their research and ensure they check that the person carrying out this procedure is licensed to practise."
The council's executive member for community safety and environment, Cllr Malcolm Alexander (Con, Ware Trinity) added: “Anyone getting a tattoo from an unlicensed parlour runs the real danger of picking up a serious infection such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C or HIV.
"It’s not worth the risk.
“We would encourage anyone who has visited an unregistered tattooist to seek medical advice from their GP.
“We will work with the police to keep the residents of East Herts safe and clamp down on this sort of illegal activity."
it is dirty you just got to look at the '' pics'' to see that, one it was in there kitchen were they or there family cook food when you tattoo and open up the skin you get a fine mist of plasma that is why some guys wear a mask when tattooing smoke butts on the sink bugs like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C or HIV.will not be killed by hot water,or steam,and can handle high temps you need pressure to pop and kill them and needles in the rubbish bin also ink on the table that will have boold in it ,next to the ink bottle im not going to go on about all the things and im fair went it comes to backyard

Last edited:

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
you are looking at the wrong one, this is a different one in a completely different area and they don't mention anything to do with dirt, just illegal tattooing because of no registration.

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
you are looking at the wrong one, this is a different one in a completely different area and they don't mention anything to do with dirt, just illegal tattooing because of no registration.
sorry mate i was going off the link on the start of the thread marked 4 life put on .

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
The photos in the original link are dreadful.... however, I ask myself.... would I let this woman tattoo me - in those conditions???? I think not! I feel that there has to be some blame laid at the feet of the people willing to allow you to tattoo them here, they must have been mad to go and sit in this hovel and have a tattoo!

I would also like to pick up on 2 things here.... Tony, the 2 people you refer to... I think may have been yet another childish stab at me! I realise one of them was indeed me! I thought we'd left our toys and play things at home here! We simply disagreed about the legal ability to tattoo with out a licence. In my neck of the woods, you can - provided that you are not running a business!!!!! It really has beome tiresome - your little digs and comments! I thought we were all adults here! Can't we have an opinion?

And my 2nd point - as Mark has said, they can't stop you practicing on friends and family members provided no money is exchanged, and you comply with all H & S legislation.

I would however like to say that as a now registered artist, the guy I dealt with at my council was very very helpful. He actually suggested laminate flooring to me, as I wanted to use vinyl flooring. None of the protocol is rocket science - and you can tattoo at home provided you have a room specifically used for tattooing only - so no kitchens for example, and provided you can comply with all requirements, I don't think they could refuse you. The only point they really picked up on was the neccessity to have 2 sinks in the tattoo area. One for hand washing, and one for cleaning down and 'blood' disposal. (I think the guy - never having been tattooed - thought there may be a major bleed at times!!).

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Once again you seem to of took offence dawn, when I am just putting my point of view over to some of the other members, it's up to them what they do with the information, and the crap you put in the PM to me, well I now deal with that company and I have advised other people on this forum to buy there product.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Once again you seem to of took offence dawn, when I am just putting my point of view over to some of the other members, it's up to them what they do with the information, and the crap you put in the PM to me, well I now deal with that company and I have advised other people on this forum to buy there product.

The P/M was to try and prevent this childish behaviour - never mind....

Glad you finally saw sense re the T Tech products!