Just Bought My First Kit

hans

Premium
First Name
hans
i have no experience with tattooing just wondering what the risks are with tattooing humans ofc i will be practising on pig skins first for the steady hand and stuff im quite good at art i know its not the same but i got a A* just wondering what i need to be carefull off.

Remove Ads

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
Download the manual, and you will know. Blood bourne pathogens are something you will need to etch into your brain, dont give your mates Hep!

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
being good at art will be a big help for things like shading and blending colour but don't be in a rush to tattoo people, practise and research first, in fact I didn't tattoo anybody with the first kit I bought, after buying it from ebay and researching the trade I realised that the machines in most cases are not up to much except practising on pig skin or practise skin which you can buy from ebay for about *£6 for ten small sheets, good luck and the trick is take your time.

regards
Tony

hans

Premium
First Name
hans
Even if everything is sterile can I still give them diseases and stuff

hans

Premium
First Name
hans
Even if everything is sterile can I still give them diseases and stuff

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
If you do everything by the book then it should be impossible for them to catch anything, A tattoo artist I went to for days course has had no reports of infections and he has been tattooing for 25 years, most people who get infections get them after having the tattoo, they don't do as the artist says but then will try to blame the tattoo artist, so it's for your own good to study the health and safety part of the trade just as much as learning to tattoo.

regards
Tony

tattytone

Premium
First Name
Tony
download the the course on here, its packed with all the info you need, i was like you, and after reading the the download course, it opened my eyes, i now have every thing i need to make sure all is clean, or use all disposable stuff.

But do get the course down, and have a read its very helpfully.

hans

Premium
First Name
hans
thanks for all the help i will be buying the guide tommorow as i do not want to cause infections :)

Payne

Basic
First Name
Payne
Hi

i'm fairly new to tattooing too , and apart from the obvious hygiene aspects of tattooing . Those kits you can buy dont fully stock everything you need.

my apprentice ripped me off , i paid *£1000 for my kit , which turned out to be an *£89 crappy version from ebay i was absolutely shocked and gutted ( trusted the guy and yeh look where that got me).

The machines/guns however you prefer to call them in most kits say they are already tuned ready to use, this isnt the case. You will need to tune the machines up before use.

you will not get a ultra sonic cleaner or auto clave with a kit , these are essential if your using steel grips and tips .

my advice , use disposables, practice on pig skin , or watermelon

buy a decent liner and shader gun , they make all the difference. if you had heard my very first shading gun you would have been terrified , scared the life out of me havent used it ever , left in the box even tuning the thing didnt work it was vile.

plus you dont get any cleaning fluids with the kits , i.e green soap for example.

kits off places like ebay , look like barbie , look frigging fantastic but nothing inside if that makes sense.

Dont be mislead like i was.

search study pay out .

wish you all the best

Premium
First Name
micky
Hi

i'm fairly new to tattooing too , and apart from the obvious hygiene aspects of tattooing . Those kits you can buy dont fully stock everything you need.

my apprentice ripped me off , i paid *£1000 for my kit , which turned out to be an *£89 crappy version from ebay i was absolutely shocked and gutted ( trusted the guy and yeh look where that got me).

The machines/guns however you prefer to call them in most kits say they are already tuned ready to use, this isnt the case. You will need to tune the machines up before use.

you will not get a ultra sonic cleaner or auto clave with a kit , these are essential if your using steel grips and tips .

buy a decent liner and shader gun , they make all the difference. if you had heard my very first shading gun you would have been terrified , scared the life out of me havent used it ever , left in the box even tuning the thing didnt work it was vile.

plus you dont get any cleaning fluids with the kits , i.e green soap for example.

kits off places like ebay , look like barbie , look frigging fantastic but nothing inside if that makes sense.

search study pay out .

wish you all the best
:icon_eek:

Brizobear

Premium
Media
First Name
brian
Hi

search study pay out .

wish you all the best

A *£1000 for a tattoo kit :icon_confused: alarm bells would be going off. lol

all you need is:
power supply *£100 from maplin
liner machine *£60 from mania tattoo
shader machine *£60 from mania tattoo (Awsome reasonable priced machines)
colour packer *£45 from mania tattoo ( Optional)
clip chord *£6 ebay
foot switch *£14 powerline supplies
INK *£40 ebay varios colours to start off

total *£325 ( for a good kit)

also you need needles and tubes .. you can buy them from everywhere, and there not expensive

if you use disposable tubes there is no need for an autoclave, and an altrasonic cleaner is then optional

cleaning fluids.... all you need is alcohol wipes, dettol and for green soap make your own. I put up a post on how to make your own
:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

Payne

Basic
First Name
Payne
A *£1000 for a tattoo kit :icon_confused: alarm bells would be going off. lol

all you need is:
power supply *£100 from maplin
liner machine *£60 from mania tattoo
shader machine *£60 from mania tattoo (Awsome reasonable priced machines)
colour packer *£45 from mania tattoo ( Optional)
clip chord *£6 ebay
foot switch *£14 powerline supplies
INK *£40 ebay varios colours to start off

total *£325 ( for a good kit)

also you need needles and tubes .. you can buy them from everywhere, and there not expensive

if you use disposable tubes there is no need for an autoclave, and an altrasonic cleaner is then optional

cleaning fluids.... all you need is alcohol wipes, dettol and for green soap make your own. I put up a post on how to make your own
:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

you would think alarm bells would be going off , but you see this is the guy who gave me my first tattoo , customers put their trust in the tattooist , when i designed a few tattoo's for friends and family and sent them to his studio he pulled me to one side asked me if i was interested in tattooing.

I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT TATTOOING AT THIS POINT.

just that it hurt lol

so i asked him what i would need etc.. he gave me half a list , he said the rest he would purchase as to make sure i had the right stuff etc.. ( yes i know u can smell it too )

anyway , handed over the cash eventually , did a few days at the studio with him , learning the basics, setting up a gun , hygiene etc... and then he wanted more cash .

THATS WHEN ALARM BELLS STARTED GOING OFF.

when i started looking around online for supplies i saw my stuff and wanted my money back , he basically replied those few days training covers it . so i left him to it.

he also said it was illegal to purchase off line , you needed a trade account and proof of licence .

which is well i'm a lady so i wont swear. the kit was exact copy of the ones sold from thetattooshop off ebay . no licence or trade account needed.

since then i have practically self taught myself. read loads , watch loads , asked loads. and still learning.

finding someone to give you and apprenticeship is hard. finding someone to trust is even harder :S

that was just my experience not everyone is like that than the heavens.

Brizobear

Premium
Media
First Name
brian
seems to me you've got your head screwed on now tho.
I think most ppl have been fed bull sh*t from tattooist's, they know they are on to a good thing, why would they want too share it.lol:icon_mrgreen:

good luck on your journey hope it all goes well:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

bri

Payne

Basic
First Name
Payne
seems to me you've got your head screwed on now tho.
I think most ppl have been fed bull sh*t from tattooist's, they know they are on to a good thing, why would they want too share it.lol:icon_mrgreen:

good luck on your journey hope it all goes well:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

bri

well yeah a lil more screwed on now than back then,. this site is a godsend , believe me wanted to asked questions but been scared too incase of being abused by others and you have all seen it on other forums. this site ideal for advice and simple ranting out about your own work.

and i will defo be a regular visitor !! thanks guys