Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in

Koi Tattoo

Patrick

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Patrick
Thread starter #1
tattoo pics 2286.jpg
This is one I done last night, I can't sleep unless I do a Tattoo every day at the moment. I used 7rl, 9rs. I usually manage to use the same needles for about 5 tattoos on pig skin and then they are worn out. Do you all use new needles on pig skin every time or re-use them. Of course I don't re-use them on real skin, in fact I don't use the same machines or power pack on real skin this way I can leave my piggy machines set up. I have managed to get 2 complete sets of everything now so it saves any hassle. The only thing I have to duplicate is ink, currently I use Kashoku which is ok, but not widely available so I will keep this for piggy and buy new for real skin. I was thinking of Skin Candy because it seems that most suppliers sell it. Any advice?
Thanks

Pat:1

First Name
Mark
Hey Patrick,
when you do the colour shade in the waves,put the colour in away from the edges & highlight the edges with a bit of white,looks more real...you have done it the other way around !!. Really nice work tho mate,like it...:thumbsup:

Patrick

Donator  
Premium
First Name
Patrick
Thread starter #4
Hey Patrick,
when you do the colour shade in the waves,put the colour in away from the edges & highlight the edges with a bit of white,looks more real...you have done it the other way around !!. Really nice work tho mate,like it...:thumbsup:
Thanks Mark

I will try that on the next one, but that does makes sense. That's typical me doing things the wrong way round:eek: Thanks to everyone who takes time to comment because it would be very difficult to progress without the good honest advice.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hey Pat,

a lovely piece of work - outline is lovely and clear and even - but it looks unfinished/lacks depth.
Think I've said before about your black/grey work - you need to apply same principles with colour... underside of fish would be very dark (as it's shaded), so a dark pink or purple working up into the vibrant colour then highlight at the tip - which here would be the fin.
As Skin says, the waves are back to front - darkest under the fish, working outwards to the white of the tips of the waves.
Hope this helps:thumbsup:

First Name
Rob
cool

:thumbsup:Looks good! good strong outline, as mentioned shaded not brill but practice makes perfect and thats why were here. but i like it anyway slightly bias as i like koi fish. well done keep it up