Koi

flashhighland

Premium
Media
First Name
Steve
Seriously now..... where the hell is everyone's practice tattoos? :icon_sad: I'm looking like some crazed tattooing pig skinner..
Anyhow, I had planned an awesome portrait of Lucy Lui tonight - oh yeah - and it was a great pic and i'd done the stencil etc.... The the girlfriend told me I should really do something popular that I would be getting asked to do should I have a studio. So, here's a Koi Carp instead a Lucy Lui.. Lucy will have to wait for next time. Sorry Lucy.

My stencil was fricking awesome maaaaan!!! After last time I cocked it up, this time it was perfect, no excuses. A bit too good. I can't get the goddamn thing off now! Hence why we have a Koi that looks like it's been done with a Biro.

koi.jpg

I was very please with my outline after I had done it, it was cock on although looking at it now, some bits don't look quite right.

Yes, my shading on the scales in a bit shite. but again it's after midnight. If I was doing this on skin i'd be REALLY patient. (Just in case any of you want a Carp!).

Feedback always welcome. Don't be afraid to tell me it's pants, I don't think it's as good as some others i've done. I like to do faces.... I'd like to do Lucy Lui! hahaha :icon_cool:

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Its pants! :icon_razz:
No, it looks sound mate. The stencils are a nightmare on pig skin. No matter how light you think you have got it, it still wont budge. It proves one thing tho. It will definately stick on skin, so the method is right.

Looks good mate.

Fozz

Premium
Media
First Name
Michael
That's really good man...... I've just been doing loads of practising with lines, curves and tonnes of freehand roses, so I haven't much to show you...... When I start doing some proper stuff I'll start posting it up so you're not as lonely haha.......

As for stencils, I hate the little *******s...... They seem to come off really easily when you're tattooing and using dry kitchen roll. But the minute you want it off, no matter what chemical you use, will it move?? Will it buggery!! Haha.......

Viper65

Basic
First Name
MIKE
Like the rest have said, looking great...keep it up. Im actually looking forward to Lucy so you better get on it!!!! I wish I could contribute but since I am deployed I am not able to sorry...Ill just post some flash work!:icon_biggrin:

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
Im all for men listening to their girlfriends, but on this occasion, you should have ignored her advice and gone for lucy lui!! lol!:icon_cheesygrin:

stencils can be a right pain on pig, they either wont go on at all or they go on too good! i try to put them on lightly and if i think its too bold i wipe it with a alcohol wipe straight after i applied it to make it fade a little.

i like the koi but its a shame about the stencil as it hinders the design.

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
I have found that by applying the stencil onto something else first (a cheap synthetic skin) then apply to the pig skin after. Because this is the stencils second application it comes out much fainter, but still enough so that you can tattoo. The end result is that you can hardly see the stencil lines. I always had a problem with the stencil being too good but this really does work.:icon_biggrin: