Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Large areas of white

Thread starter #1
Media
First Name
Stacey
Hello this is probably the first question I’m going to post since joining this forum. I can get White to show up very nicely when using the liner or a round shader. However when it comes to filling large areas with white I cannot seem to colour pack it the same way as I would colour.

I see very beautiful portraits done of animals such as white owls polar bears and or dogs that are primarily white and I want to know how they get the white in large areas to look so white. I definitely see a lot of hues mixed in such as blues purples yellows and Opaque grays. I have also noticed in the case of an animal or section of solid white or the appearance of solid white the background is a very dark colour and I’m wondering if that just creates an extra illusion of the white being super white or if there is a trick to colour packing white into large areas

Thanks for any tips I have attached an example Note: not my work. I wish. Maybe soon.

Attachments

ribul

Premium
First Name
richard
i cant answer that question because iv not got that much experience yet..1 thing i do know is you have to be careful looking at some pics.. some are photoshopped ...ofcourse alot arent too but if you have instagram look at tattooedtruthfairy you will see what i mean

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
this question has been on here before, i think the answer was to apply it like any other colour, but use standard gauge needles as the pigment particles are larger in white. Having said that i still don't fill large areas of white, as it just ends up patchy and pink. I would like to see a pro pack some white, if anyone has a link post it up.

Patch72

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Russ
Not done much solid white but I was told slow and easy with solid white,take your time but I only use white to highlights or to mix,I’m sure we have someone on here who knows more

Jerry7297

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Jerry
Super tight stretch is important if you ask me with white. Here is an example of some larger areas of white I have done. You can see the left side looks not as saturated in the middle and it wasnt. It was lighter when it was healed. The reason I didnt saturate it more is because the other problem is overworking the skin with white it is easy to do. You can always go over it again if need be.

Also I would never recommend solid whit anywhere that the tattoo will get a lot of sun... It will change the color drastically.

Attachments

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
Super tight stretch is important if you ask me with white. Here is an example of some larger areas of white I have done. You can see the left side looks not as saturated in the middle and it wasnt. It was lighter when it was healed. The reason I didnt saturate it more is because the other problem is overworking the skin with white it is easy to do. You can always go over it again if need be.

Also I would never recommend solid whit anywhere that the tattoo will get a lot of sun... It will change the color drastically.
Do you remember what needle grouping you used jerry?

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
I've tried to tattoo this rose on my thigh white - I did the whitedec 3d, so it's quite new, the black in loud is about a year old - and it looks more pink as @fylfot says. And if that pink ever goes away - it looks as if it's the skin that's not quite healed yet, very odd - it will get a very ugly yellowbeigeish tone, like it already has in some parts.

I think definitely they tattoo very dark around to make the white pop more.

And don't forget the tattoos are fresh on the pics, a biiiig difference!!

@TexasPT adviced me to mix ever so little (ice?) blue in the white, and i will try that another time.

My rose when fresh:
IMG_20181203_173540_867.jpg

Looks pretty nice, doesn't it? No filters.
I filled some white in the leaves too.

My tattoo today: (no filters)
20190101_194942.jpg

My tattoo before filling with white: (no filters)

20180517_113917.jpg

#EDIT: This was my first tattoo ever in human skin, so don't pay too much attention to the quality.

Last edited:

ribul

Premium
First Name
richard
yeah...not everything looks like what people think it looks like

Thread starter #11
Media
First Name
Stacey
i cant answer that question because iv not got that much experience yet..1 thing i do know is you have to be careful looking at some pics.. some are photoshopped ...ofcourse alot arent too but if you have instagram look at tattooedtruthfairy you will see what i mean
Yes! I just found that page. Amazing. Glad he’s out there. Although I find myself wondering where he’s getting the original photo from because obviously the people that are heavily Photoshopping tattoo pictures don’t want people to see the original

marked 4 life

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Andy
Although I find myself wondering where he’s getting the original photo from because obviously the people that are heavily Photoshopping tattoo pictures don’t want people to see the original
Instagram is full of photoshopped tattoos, I follow a Japanese page and virtually everyone is photoshopped, look great but when you blow the picture up you can clearly see it.