Latest Colour Practice

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
tattoo pics 2290.jpg tattoo pics 2292.jpg tattoo pics 2291.jpg tattoo pics 2294.jpg
These are my latest on pig skin, used 9rl & 5flat for skull & panther and 7rl & 9rs for butterflies. I would rather use mags than flats for colouring and shading, but have a few boxes to use up. Although I find flats are ok for small areas of shading. Done my first one on someones foot last week, but forgot as usual to take pictures, she didn't move or complain at all and it must have hurt. I will get pics when healed. So far everyone I have tattooed has said that it hurts less than when they go to a shop, has anybody else found this, and if so do you think it is because in shops they work quicker and cause more pain. All of these tatts took about 2 - 2.5 hours each to complete. Do you think this is slow? I look forward to your comments.:eek:

Remove Ads

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi pat
your work is deffinatly improving:thumbsup:flats are kinda more tricky to use for me anyhow, try to work in smaller tighter circles (not with flats tho) to get a nice fill and work slower to b quicker in the bigging, take your time dont worry about time :cool: itl be finnished wen its finnished :cool: speed comes with experience ;) i wood say im still slow i dont rush f no 1 or anything lol :cool: also try to slow your hand speed down a little bit when lining and you will probly get nicer lines to ;) an try to get right up to the lines with your "fill" i do this useing mag1/2s (not flats!!!)by either "turning" the machine kinda 90 degree so 1 needle follows another (be very carefull tho doing this dont over do it )or by "tilting" the machine kinda 45 degrees so the 1 outer edge of the grouping enters the skin 1st, ohh ann try not washing ya tip betwwen the colours on the butterflys to create that blended tone u need sorta like u paint huuuuge improvements tho pat :clap:

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi pat
your work is deffinatly improving:thumbsup:flats are kinda more tricky to use for me anyhow, try to work in smaller tighter circles (not with flats tho) to get a nice fill and work slower to b quicker in the bigging, take your time dont worry about time :cool: itl be finnished wen its finnished :cool: speed comes with experience ;) i wood say im still slow i dont rush f no 1 or anything lol :cool: also try to slow your hand speed down a little bit when lining and you will probly get nicer lines to ;) an try to get right up to the lines with your "fill" i do this useing mag1/2s (not flats!!!)by either "turning" the machine kinda 90 degree so 1 needle follows another (be very carefull tho doing this dont over do it )or by "tilting" the machine kinda 45 degrees so the 1 outer edge of the grouping enters the skin 1st, ohh ann try not washing ya tip betwwen the colours on the butterflys to create that blended tone u need sorta like u paint huuuuge improvements tho pat :clap:
my bad bou the butterfly colours:eek: lol the blend is nice :clap: but its still a good lil tip to keep in mind wen u approach a tattoo ;) :thumbsup:

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Hi Patrick,
Well done mate :clap:your work has got so much better,like JB said,slow your hand down when lining,still looks like you are moving a bit quick.All good work....are you on real skin yet ??:thumbsup:

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Thanks everyone for your comments, James thats a good point you made about not washing out between colours when blending. And I think I will have to slow down a bit. Mark I have done quite a few on real skin now and will post some photos soon, I always forget to take photos of real ones although there are a couple in my album if you want to have a look. I get much better results on real skin probably because I really take my time for fear of messing it up.

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hi Pat,
long time no see! They are some great tats - massive improvements with your colour work:clap: I am quite slow too when working - but agree with JB - think speed will come in time, and would rather be slow and get a better tat done! Re the lack of pain thing - my brother said I was 'tickling' him lol! Kept telling me not to be scared to cause some pain!! On other hand, Bro in Law was in agony (LOL!) so maybe its more to do with the person and also where the tat is? In laws is on his chest, shoulder and down his back (YEEEOOOWWW)!:eek: