Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Latest piece on self

Pzychotixx

Premium
Media
First Name
Albert
Was going for a slightly sketchy look originally had planned to do the joker ha ha on the right side but I wasnt doing it "the right way" so I did it how he thought it should be done .
Know I can work on some of the shading and lining I actually just noticed a spot I'd have liked to be slightly darker near the edge

Attachments

TexasPT

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
before you blow it up the gradients in the wing look nice...you've got some decent changes there.

When you open the thumbnail it's obvious you're still struggling to put the needle where you want it. This will be an easy one to come back to and clean up the edges a bit. Sketchy is cool, but sketchy needs consistent lines. On the bottom of the bat you can see lighter lines where you hoped you'd get a solid, but it was in the wrong spot, so you followed up with a better line in a different spot. We've all done it and you get those faint little lines off to the side you hope fall out.

Keep plugging along. Let this one heal, grab a larger needle grouping and clean up those edges. If you want to "sketch" it let the corner lines overlap a bit but keep them clean.

good job.

Pzychotixx

Premium
Media
First Name
Albert
before you blow it up the gradients in the wing look nice...you've got some decent changes there.

When you open the thumbnail it's obvious you're still struggling to put the needle where you want it. This will be an easy one to come back to and clean up the edges a bit. Sketchy is cool, but sketchy needs consistent lines. On the bottom of the bat you can see lighter lines where you hoped you'd get a solid, but it was in the wrong spot, so you followed up with a better line in a different spot. We've all done it and you get those faint little lines off to the side you hope fall out.

Keep plugging along. Let this one heal, grab a larger needle grouping and clean up those edges. If you want to "sketch" it let the corner lines overlap a bit but keep them clean.

good job.
Thanks I try lol tho the shading isnt what I had wanted it's still nice personally before I darkened it I felt I had more gradients and more of a watercolor affect which is how I wanted it but it's still good lines are really frigging frustrating but I'm just no longer over thinking them I'm just doing them I feel like I'm coming along to an answer tho (started using one needle grouping, machine focusing on my stretching though I really think practicing on myself creates a barrier of difficulty not normally there but my dad wants a similar tattoo today so ima try and go in with 1 pass lines

Jerry7297

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Jerry
Good luck. I would not go lower than a 3RL at this point. I would say a 5RL is a great starting point.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Shading is pretty nice, and with a little more distinct outlining in some places it will look good. If you want it sketchy I wouldn't use bigger than a 3rl. Or even an extra tight 3rl. And I wouldn't do an outline around the whole bat if i were you.

Personally I would definitely use a single line for that, but that's me. I would probably have done the shading first also, then outlined in the end. Gives it a more vivid look. Don't know what you chose to do on this one. But probably I would have shaded some, done a little outlining, shaded some more, done some more outlining. That's how I usually do it - do a little here do a little there :giggle: But as said, that's me. Just telling you so that you know we all have our different techniques :)

And sketchy - calls for a lot of work to make a tattoo look sketchy. Can be good to keep in mind :)

Pzychotixx

Premium
Media
First Name
Albert
Yeah u cant really tell since I was told go darker but the left side is the only part with a "complete" outline but my idea was to try and get some more lines on the right side slightly out of the shaded area on the right side mostly with a single 5 but I'll keep the 3rl part in mind

troub1edsou1z

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Tom
I feel it's hard to judge tattoos that you do on yourself because the level of focus imo isn't as strong due to the pain factor..keep pushing forward

Pzychotixx

Premium
Media
First Name
Albert
I feel it's hard to judge tattoos that you do on yourself because the level of focus imo isn't as strong due to the pain factor..keep pushing forward
Exactly my opinion like especially for me cause I'm just bad with the pain period

Jerry7297

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Jerry
Who was telling you to go Darker as you said above? Your mentor? Were you using a coil machine to line with?

The shading looks decent but outline has been you enemy from the start. I feel like there are other tattoos you have done where the outline was better. Were you doing something different?

As for tattooing yourself. Man I am a wimp about pain and I have done 3 plus hours on myself. It is very doable just have to concentrate. I remember getting judged on mine as well. some of us must be getting nicer as our age progresses LMAO.

Pzychotixx

Premium
Media
First Name
Albert
Who was telling you to go Darker as you said above? Your mentor? Were you using a coil machine to line with?

The shading looks decent but outline has been you enemy from the start. I feel like there are other tattoos you have done where the outline was better. Were you doing something different?

As for tattooing yourself. Man I am a wimp about pain and I have done 3 plus hours on myself. It is very doable just have to concentrate. I remember getting judged on mine as well. some of us must be getting nicer as our age progresses LMAO.
My mentor but like I said I think it was just a personal artistic difference not really yk