Latest Practice Koi

LMR

Premium
2 Nov 2010
Hertfordshire
First Name
Luke
not bad not bad a lil more practice and your have it down mybe try 1 needle size up and see how it looks :thumbsup:

LMR

Premium
2 Nov 2010
Hertfordshire
First Name
Luke
no prob, use a 5 to line and try and use the weight of your hand and tattoo machine to keep the lines smooth , as for colour bleeding im still newish to that so cant really help you there :confused:

Remove Ads

jamesb

Premium
16 Dec 2010
First Name
james
hi darren lil tips for the waves- try adding whitchazel to your blue to lay the softer shades in first ( work light to dark in your colours to) also if you need to outline a ref line for the waves do that in a blue also, some mite dis agree with the next part lol but colour on the koi -to get nice blends or tranitions through the colours dont clean them up inbetween colours so if u want a orage an red koi lay the red in first then use yellow and mix in the tip to get the orage and youl get real soft blend of colours :thumbsup:

Daz

Premium
19 Feb 2011
Worcestershire
First Name
Darren
No probs mate, was considering a 5rl but thought i would use a 3rl as got a few. cheers for the advice though :thumbsup:

Daz

Premium
19 Feb 2011
Worcestershire
First Name
Darren
hi darren lil tips for the waves- try adding whitchazel to your blue to lay the softer shades in first ( work light to dark in your colours to) also if you need to outline a ref line for the waves do that in a blue also, some mite dis agree with the next part lol but colour on the koi -to get nice blends or tranitions through the colours dont clean them up inbetween colours so if u want a orage an red koi lay the red in first then use yellow and mix in the tip to get the orage and youl get real soft blend of colours :thumbsup:

Cheers mate for the good advice, appreciate it :thumbsup:

oultimer

Premium
13 Dec 2010
N I RELAND
First Name
jim
That is a really nice piece of work Daz 'nice clean and bright colouring 'piggy doesn't look too bad in your pic !any tips on how you keep it so clean?:thumbsup:

WilD

Premium
13 Jan 2011
UK
First Name
Dawn
Hiya Daz,

you seem to have struggled a bit with this one compared to your last few - but bad piggy is not good - as we all know! Tip AJ gave me for thinning ink was to use either distilled water/witch hazel or listerine mouthwash with alcohol... I just boil up the kettle then use the water once its cooled. Anyhoo I'm sure a better piece of pig would have made all the difference:cool:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.