Latest Practice Koi

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Just done this on some of the worst pig skin ever.

tatt20.jpg

Remove Ads

LMR

Premium
First Name
Luke
not bad not bad a lil more practice and your have it down mybe try 1 needle size up and see how it looks :thumbsup:

LMR

Premium
First Name
Luke
no prob, use a 5 to line and try and use the weight of your hand and tattoo machine to keep the lines smooth , as for colour bleeding im still newish to that so cant really help you there :confused:

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
hi darren lil tips for the waves- try adding whitchazel to your blue to lay the softer shades in first ( work light to dark in your colours to) also if you need to outline a ref line for the waves do that in a blue also, some mite dis agree with the next part lol but colour on the koi -to get nice blends or tranitions through the colours dont clean them up inbetween colours so if u want a orage an red koi lay the red in first then use yellow and mix in the tip to get the orage and youl get real soft blend of colours :thumbsup:

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
No probs mate, was considering a 5rl but thought i would use a 3rl as got a few. cheers for the advice though :thumbsup:

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
hi darren lil tips for the waves- try adding whitchazel to your blue to lay the softer shades in first ( work light to dark in your colours to) also if you need to outline a ref line for the waves do that in a blue also, some mite dis agree with the next part lol but colour on the koi -to get nice blends or tranitions through the colours dont clean them up inbetween colours so if u want a orage an red koi lay the red in first then use yellow and mix in the tip to get the orage and youl get real soft blend of colours :thumbsup:
Cheers mate for the good advice, appreciate it :thumbsup:

oultimer

Premium
First Name
jim
That is a really nice piece of work Daz 'nice clean and bright colouring 'piggy doesn't look too bad in your pic !any tips on how you keep it so clean?:thumbsup:

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Hiya Daz,

you seem to have struggled a bit with this one compared to your last few - but bad piggy is not good - as we all know! Tip AJ gave me for thinning ink was to use either distilled water/witch hazel or listerine mouthwash with alcohol... I just boil up the kettle then use the water once its cooled. Anyhoo I'm sure a better piece of pig would have made all the difference:cool: