Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

latest tattoo practice on fake skin

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
Few days ago I get my parcel from reel skin and its brilliant ;d soft and lines getting in so easly, would recommended! This one I did yesterday, I try to get delicate flower design with fine line (3rl long taper dimont tip magick moon cartriges) and done with my xion beetween 6v and 7,5 v. due to surface (is not perfectly smooth) cant clean it properly. I will have different approach on the other flower, will do lines with gray wash and will not do linework for leaves. Tips and advices or criticism welcome :) Thanks ;)

Attachments

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Looking very nice (y)

What @balooka says, I prefer coconut oil when working with Reelskin though (which I've done a lot, so has he though :giggle:).

Make sure to apply a little ointment before tattooing an area too, makes it so much easier to clean the ink off when tattooing.

After you finished tattooing you can wipe it all with alcohol/disinfectant, that will clean it real good. If the other stencil is like 24h old you shouldn't be able to wipe that off either, so no risk for that.

Unfortunately you won't get rid of the stencil where you tattooed either. If you don't put it in bleach for 24h, @ribul did that and it worked :giggle:

Last edited:

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
MalligaMallan so I did all of what you said and still some small dots can not be wiped off, will try with coconut butter tho, yeah stencill is fine i will bleach it away later on like you said, the texture of the skin isn't like a bit porous or something? I dont know. I was worried with putting too much oitment to not clog my cartrige sa it was really small needle grouping. I should be more tidy with my tattoo i guess and not complain lol I just get used to putting bunch waseline and polish it hard as f**k, unfortunately i cant do it with reel skin ;d

fylfot

Donator  
Premium
First Name
david
superb work jakub how did you achieve the effect?

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
MalligaMallan so I did all of what you said and still some small dots can not be wiped off, will try with coconut butter tho, yeah stencill is fine i will bleach it away later on like you said, the texture of the skin isn't like a bit porous or something? I dont know. I was worried with putting too much oitment to not clog my cartrige sa it was really small needle grouping. I should be more tidy with my tattoo i guess and not complain lol I just get used to putting bunch waseline and polish it hard as f**k, unfortunately i cant do it with reel skin ;d
Sometimes parts of the sheets can be ”porous” like you say, and there are tiny holes that can’t be cleaned. But thats not often it happens. Did you really clean this above with alcohol? Looks very inky to me. It never looks like that when i clean it.

That’s why i prefer cold pressed coconut oil, it doesnt clog the needles.

Be relly careful to apply a thin layer of ointment next time, clean often while tattooing - i only wipe with a clean tissue and coconut oil while tattooing, not with alcohol until after i finished the piece. Hope it works better for you :)

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
Sorry for other picture it was't cleaned properly @MalligaMallan more I mean do you see this like a mist dots around the whole design (well i know that some of them i do intentionally inside the leaves). I havent try coconut yet just vaseline, paper towel and gently rubbing. Alcohol seems like dont give a fuck and basically not helping at all. Green soap and dettol either. Stencil still waiting for a date with bleach. :)

Attachments

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
superb work jakub how did you achieve the effect?
I ran a machine slower and checked out wchih hand movement its doing right dots for me and then pass after pass I tried kept right deepness. Tried also to be a gently with it as I dont want to get habit of cutting fake skin like a crazy and going so mamy times in the same place and drill in on and on like in older works I have done.

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
I don't know what alcohol you use, I use Killerink Rubbing alcohol (before that I used disinfectant from the pharmacy and it worked perfect too). When I've cleaned mine - and they do get really dirty while I'm working - they look like this:
20190409_090502.jpg

20190409_090926.jpg

If you think this looks like on a person it's only because I've wrapped my Reelskin around a mannequin (not human) :giggle:

I get it perfectly clean every time. And I've been tattooing on Reelskin for a couple of years full time, so it's not just a lucky shot on these ones :)

Unless Paul who makes Reelskin has changed the formula for reelskin - which he may actually have done, because the stencils were always hard to apply, but it has become even harder - there must be something you overlook. I bought all my Reelskin about 3 years ago and still work on that, I haven't worked much on the new ones. But when I have, I've had no problems getting it clean.

Last edited:

Dazza

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Daryl
Nice work on the flowers very delicate,a lot of the Reelskin I have has little air bubbles that have popped and they fill up with ink and won’t clean off

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
That could be the difference, those air bubbles @Dazza mentioned. They don't exist on my 3yo reelskin.

I quit as a reseller now, but last summer when I sold them at the swedish tattoo convention, I noticed some samples had these bubbles. Not good :confused:

Dzikichrzan

Premium
First Name
Jakub
thanks guys :) I will do some on new sheet as I bought 3, will try to be cleaner this time and will see how it goes, thanks Dazza other flower will try to do more delicate and try to use maybe greywahs for lining, this what I have to figure out... MalligaMallan yours looks well clean! btw this architectural theme looks wicked i love it

MalligaMallan

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Thanks Jakub :)

Keep in mind that washes are a bit tricky on fake skin, they get dark very quickly. It's like only the ink goes in, not the water.