Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Let's start something fun. Anyone want to participate in a weekly art challenge?

Thread starter #26
First Name
Nathan
Normally i used coffee or tea to stain my sheets but on the one above I used walnut ink to experiment with it since it is more water proof. I need to do more experimenting before I decide if I like it. Tea gives a nice lightly aged look that is more yellow and coffee looks heavily aged and is more brown.

Thread starter #31
First Name
Nathan
Finally finished up my practice skin rose
I can see what you are going for for sure. I think the shading is definitely on the right track. You are going to need to work on your lines for sure. I have a feeling your hand speed is too fast for your machine speed. I’m too much of a newb to give much advice but that is what I’m suspecting

Thread starter #33
First Name
Nathan
This could be the case but to say its my 3rd practice tattoo
I'm super stoked I wanna get my hand on some rs needles
For sure, great job. I use big wasp. They are the best I can get a hold of easily. I use both the carts and the traditional needles.

Thread starter #37
First Name
Nathan
Alright, he is another rose painting. Also, I think what would be better is to keep threads with themes and then we can add work to each type of thread. That way someone coming along looking to learn about say roses can search and find the Rose thread and read some good discussion and see some examples.

Attachments

First Name
Albert
Alright, he is another rose painting. Also, I think what would be better is to keep threads with themes and then we can add work to each type of thread. That way someone coming along looking to learn about say roses can search and find the Rose thread and read some good discussion and see some examples.
Yeah lol makes sense it acts as a sort of repository for reference and conversation also they'll be able to see different styles and approaches

dirtnail

Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Pieter
@AtlantaNate looking good! quite a portfolio your building there (y)

Would indeed be a good idea to keep themed threads. Like @Pzychotixx said would be awesome if the grew into small reference/inspiration repositories.
Maybe change the name of this thread to point out it's about roses?

Thread starter #41
First Name
Nathan
Man that looks great. Would look good hanging in a frame. I would hang it. I have some of my old crappy artwork hung up and that still looks okay... LOL
Thanks man, i'm really working on getting better at painting. I feel it translates directly into the types of tattoos that I want to do. Learning a ton about colors, lining, shading etc.