Lettering

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi Everyone

When doing lettering regardless of type and size I always use a a liner then a shader needle to colour. However my Son went to a local shop where he had his girlfriends name tattooed on his stomach (I wont tattoo girlfriends names on him). The letters are script and about 15mm high, the artist only used 1 needle for the whole thing which took only 10 minutes. Do you think he used a RL or RS? Whatever it is very neat, and would save time and money if only 1 needle is used. He only dipped into the ink twice aswell, any thoughts on this?
:icon_confused:

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
Hi Everyone

When doing lettering regardless of type and size I always use a a liner then a shader needle to colour. However my Son went to a local shop where he had his girlfriends name tattooed on his stomach (I wont tattoo girlfriends names on him). The letters are script and about 15mm high, the artist only used 1 needle for the whole thing which took only 10 minutes. Do you think he used a RL or RS? Whatever it is very neat, and would save time and money if only 1 needle is used. He only dipped into the ink twice aswell, any thoughts on this?
:icon_confused:
I would say he probably lined it with a 7RL, and coloured it with the same needle, although, i find that colouring letters with a liner tends to take quite a long time to heal. Might be bollox, but thats what i notice if i do it. :icon_confused:

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
If its smallish lettering,i just use a liner for the whole thing,get the shader out for bigger lettering...i would say he did it all with a liner,either 5 or 7 liner.

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
I aghe with the above ,ofcurse being from the states 15mm i don't know but if that is a small piese then i agree with Mark on the suject .:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: Ed :icon_cool:

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I aghe with the above ,ofcurse being from the states 15mm i don't know but if that is a small piese then i agree with Mark on the suject .:icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: Ed :icon_cool:
1mm is like the thickness on a dime I think.

Seems possible to do small to average size letters with a 7RL.