P Lining Up the Armature Bar

Chamberzezz

Premium
First Name
Ailin
So I'm rebuilding my cheap machine. Got new spring and front and back post. Put it all together but started to worry about a little thing. So any help will be great...

The main worry I have is whether I've lined up the nipple of the ABar correctly with the tube hole. Obviously I dont want the needle to be as a slight angle/wonk.... Any tips for this....

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
I just look through the the hole where the needle tube fits and line up the bar this way, by looking from the bottom you will see where the arm bar nipple is in relation to the centre of the needle tube. Alternatively you can insert a pencil into the tube clamp and line the arm bar up with the base of the nipple and the top centre of the pencil. So long as the needle isn't rubbing against the tube at the top you should be ok. If you bend your needle slightly "as is recommended" you will notice a slight curve away from the back of the tube, but when you put the elastic bands in place this will straighten out and make sure the actual needle is at the tip will stay in the correct place at the back of the tip.
Hope this makes sense:icon_lol:

inkstar

Premium
First Name
OG
hi there
heres what i use you can make one out of an old tube by cutting a v in the middle of the tube and file it so the nipple fits in the middle ,they work great or you could get one made or buy one they are cheap ,and a good tool you could always just slide the tube up to the arm bar so its just under it and you will be able to line it up good IMG_2386.jpg

Attachments

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
All the above are great answersthe tool runs around 10.00 in the states their not that expencive if that helps :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: Ed :icon_cool: