Lining with Black or Grey ????

262584_228325267219248_100001253308343_727456_6445589_n.jpg

How can i do this kind of tattoo people?? is this done with black outline or Grey ?
:icon_question:

Remove Ads

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Some people mix three different shades of grey, I mix 4 but only because it makes sense to me, if I was doing a pencil drawing then I would work with 5 elements of shading, cast shadow, shadow edge, half tone, reflected light and full light, full light in a drawing is the paper itââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢s self so in a tattoo it would be your skin colour, and I use four large ink caps and put 1 drop of ink in the first, 2 drops in the second, 3 drops in the third and 4 drops in the fourth and fill them with distilled water, with this type of tattoo you really need to practise building your shades up until you get the shade you want and not just jump in with a dark shade.

Some people mix three different shades of grey, I mix 4 but only because it makes sense to me, if I was doing a pencil drawing then I would work with 5 elements of shading, cast shadow, shadow edge, half tone, reflected light and full light, full light in a drawing is the paper itââ*€šÂ¬Ã¢*€žÂ¢s self so in a tattoo it would be your skin colour, and I use four large ink caps and put 1 drop of ink in the first, 2 drops in the second, 3 drops in the third and 4 drops in the fourth and fill them with distilled water, with this type of tattoo you really need to practise building your shades up until you get the shade you want and not just jump in with a dark shade.
Thank you .very usefull all this...i will try..i have now kuro grey and soft grey shade but i want to learn to make my own.. and dont have to buy ...
I dont have answer for my question :icon_sad:
The outline for grey tattoos like this is done with black black ?
or grey ? the outline because i dont see it in all these grey...
so... its grey outline?

X DEBS X

Basic
First Name
Debbie
this tattoo is mainly made up of grey shades but there are a few black lines around and inside the compass etc and a couple of other places. this tattoo looks fully healed so they appear lighter aswell. some of the lines are probably done with greywash also. The key to getting ths affect is just shading off the stencil and putting specific lines where you need to to make the desired part stand out.

Chops

Premium
First Name
Steve
If I were doing a black and gray tattoo like that one I'd bloodline it, using no ink, then shade off that