Lips

jonturbo

Premium
7 Nov 2011
tattoo__large.jpg

Hi everyone, am thinking about trying this design on piggy tonight, just the lips not the name, as a friend wants this tattoed on her soon.
amd i correct in thinking the best way to do this would be to put a stencil down of the outline and then use a shader to colour the red with some touches of white?
What size needles would you reccomend?

Fozz

Premium
17 Oct 2011
If I were doing that, I'd stencil it and then bloodline it..... Clean it and then fill using a 9RS.....

I'm sure there's better people than me who could give a better advice though......

gadsden1776

Premium
8 Oct 2011
a woman got lips done at the shop i apprentice at the other day... unfortunately i didn't get to stay for the whole thing.

She wanted them in purple & lime green. She kissed a card several times & picked the lips she wanted... the artist made his stencil from that.

He used a 3 tight & purple to line about 1/2 the lower lip & only the darkest parts of the upper lip, moved to a magenta for the rest of the lower lip & most of the upper lip & blood lined the rest of the upper.

He had a round shader & a small mag set up & thats when i left. he had the dark purple, magenta, lime green, & 2 white cups (1 to use for blending the other high light).

Hope that helps.

jonturbo

Premium
7 Nov 2011
lol not wanting to sound totally thick (ive only been getting into this for just over a month) what is bloodlining? Is it tracing round the outline using a needle with no ink?:icon_confused:

gadsden1776

Premium
8 Oct 2011
exactly... a little distilled water (i've heard people using glycerin &/or witch hazel too).

it gives you a line/reference to shade from so in the end piece there is no hard black line.

X DEBS X

Basic
1 Jun 2011
I dont think this piece needs bloodlining at all. I would use a 3rl and line it in red, then fill in with a small shader.

skinpix

Premium
29 Dec 2010
if i were doing it,i would line it with red ink,then fill it with a 7rs,then put a few white highlight in.....

mcowan226

Premium
3 Nov 2011
There's really no right or wrong answer here. It depends a lot on the effect your looking for. If you prefer a more traditional style a red outliner would be fine, but it will still produce a noticeable outline. Personally I would use a shaded stecil and a 7 curved mag for a softer realistic look.

X DEBS X

Basic
1 Jun 2011
There's really no right or wrong answer here. It depends a lot on the effect your looking for. If you prefer a more traditional style a red outliner would be fine, but it will still produce a noticeable outline. Personally I would use a shaded stecil and a 7 curved mag for a softer realistic look.

thats right it does depend on the effect you want. If you want it sharp looking then line it in red with a tight liner, the outline shouldnt be noticable if your shading in the same colour. If you want a realistic look, then shade off the stencil, this is such a small piece so you dont need to bloodline.

jonturbo

Premium
7 Nov 2011
380494_10150376061772546_526737545_8411455_1702487207_s.jpg

took the pic with me damn phone again so its too small for you all to see properly, and ive binned the skin.

Quite pleased with how they came out this time though you can see the dark stencil but this will go when done on real skin. I used only a 9rs to fill in after i had put the stencil down.

Any comments welcome :icon_smile: