Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.

Register Log in

Little Skull Wip

TexasPT

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
I'd love to hear how you feel the transition from going from digital to skin is. Every time I see digital images I just don't feel like they would translate as well as paper. I'm sure I'm wrong...but I'm an old "get off my lawn" kind of guy and like my pencils

dirtnail

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Pieter
That's one damn sick little skull you're doing there.
You definitely know your light source stuff... impressive!

troub1edsou1z

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Tom
@TexasPT Honestly the way it's set up is just like drawing on paper except you only need one pencil and you don't have a ton a scrap paper laying around lol. If I turn on the other layers of this drawing you would see my basic rough sketches that led up to where it's at now. It's also nice to be able to turn off all the layers except the outline so I can print my stencil...I'm the same way, old school draw everything out on paper, but this is a game changer for me. I find it easier as far as time management and orginization.

@dirtnail Thank you. Thats just years of experience lol.. & understanding still life and how light wraps around objects. It's basic form rendering.

MalligaMallan

Donator +++ 
Donator  
Premium
Media
First Name
Malin
Instagram
@tattoo.morth.art
I completely agree about procreate as a time saver. With layers you can try hundreds of different solutions without having to redraw the basic sketch.

I do agree about digital drawings often having a bit odd look though. I don't really understand why everyone seems to give the drawings that very "digital" look. And they all tend to look the same. Not same motif, but same look. Hard to explain in English.