Raindrops

Basic
11 Feb 2021
Los Angeles
First Name
Raindrops
Hello there,
I dont know if im one of the few only that finds first time tattoo license info lacking online. I cant find details written out by LA County Health Department. It says obvious stuff like go fill out the application and go to a licensed shop and practice. But HOW LONG do i have to practice to get the license? I know some states require certain amount of time apprenticed, some require certain amount of tattoos done to complete apprenticeship and get actual license. But what is up with Los Angeles? Where is that info? 😵 Id like to know this regulation because i dont want to be stuck in a shop forever without a license..........Do you think you can help me out with this very obvious question? 😔 Thank you all :)

Remove Ads

Cyberthrasher

Premium
23 Sep 2019
US
First Name
Allen
Hello there,
I dont know if im one of the few only that finds first time tattoo license info lacking online. I cant find details written out by LA County Health Department. It says obvious stuff like go fill out the application and go to a licensed shop and practice. But HOW LONG do i have to practice to get the license? I know some states require certain amount of time apprenticed, some require certain amount of tattoos done to complete apprenticeship and get actual license. But what is up with Los Angeles? Where is that info? 😵 Id like to know this regulation because i dont want to be stuck in a shop forever without a license..........Do you think you can help me out with this very obvious question? 😔 Thank you all :)
It's a California law that supercedes any LA County regulations (According to what I just read on their website).

Here's a summary, that's linked in that page

If it were me, I'd start by reading that Safe Body Art Act and making sure I'm familiar with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.