Lost My Bottle

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
Hi everyone.
I have practised on practise skin for about 8 months and also tattooed myself twice on my legs, with good results, I also went on a short course at AJÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢s I have spent a lot of money on equipment, and feel ready to tattoo people.
The other day I was talking to a mate of mine about tattooing and tattoos and as soon as I mentioned that I was learning to be a tattooist he said wow if you need someone to practise on just call me, it was then when he started to show me some of his tattoos done by beginners, some of them where not to good to say the least, my problem is I have been waiting for somebody to practise on for a few months now and I seem to have lost my bottle, I know it will be done in a safe environment as I have converted my spare bedroom into a studio and I go through the motions of tattooing safely even when I use practise skin, I think what IÃÂ*¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¡Ã‚*¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢*‚¬Å¾Ã‚*¢m asking is how did some of you get over the bad nerves of doing your first tattoo on somebody.

Thanks
Tony

Tattooz

Premium Gold
First Name
Dave
I still crap myself now!
I find that everytime i go anywhere, people always say can i come round and have a tatt. I find it so hard to just say yes. I even try and put them off, but all the times i actaully do a tattoo, i love it! I also think it is a lot to do with where they want it. If its on the arm and very visible its the thought of making a mess, where
as legs and hidden areas take the pressure off a bit.

100% know where you are coming from. :)

WilD

Premium
First Name
Dawn
Firstly, I'm brand new to this, so please don't think I'm trying to be clever - but if the person wants to be tattooed and is fully aware of your situation - and still willing to ask you, then why not bite the bullet?

Often you find the best and most skilled people are those who are cautious - because they care - and they worry about things like health and other implications. Those who just dive in and are full of confidence are not necessarily good - just don't give a crap.

Go on get tattooing.... you know you want to!

skinpix

Premium
First Name
Mark
the only way to get over the nerves is to face your fears and do it,this might sound a bit weird,but try eating a couple of bananas before you do a tattoo,there is a chemical in them that helps to calm the nerves......happy tattooing.

Xaphaniel

Premium
First Name
Robb
hey no worries on how you feel listen on occasion now i still get the sweats and have to take a step back sorry give the client a small break then get back in there.

its a big responsibility as said your marking the skin for life if you weren't nervous it would probably be more worrying if your going good on practise skin and then on your own and the client knows the situation and has been there before all good just take your time breath control and hey nothing to say you cant break it up line work then once that's healed up go in for the colour and shade work later that way gives you more time to work it all out in your head how your going to go into it

Titan-Ink

Titan-Ink
Premium
First Name
Steve Morris
Sh*t or bust was my line of thinking, plenty of breaks to compose yourself and let the client know that you will be having lots of breaks.

maggot

Premium
First Name
colin
ive got to say i agree with all of the above even tattooing the mrs makes me nervous and the only way to beat it is by doing tattoos

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.