Machine Cleaning ?

Hello in the forum..im new here and the tattoo also...
I have a question...
The machine must be unscrewed after doind a tattoo ? all the parts i mean..
and cleaned with detol or clorine or something like that ?
i use all disposable and i dont have cleaners or autoclave
After a tattoo clean the machine with detol or TRIGENE CONCENTRATED DISINFECTANT SPRAY that i have.. but im dont screw the parts...
And i dont know...can i wet the coils with this sprey? or will be damaged???
What should i do ???

Thanks...!!!:icon_cool:

Remove Ads

toetoe62

Premium Plus
First Name
Tony
if you use plastic bags to cover your machine when you are tattooing then a quick wipe down should be ok, but still strip your machines down every week or so to clean them properly to keep them free from dust, you will be ok.

if you use plastic bags to cover your machine when you are tattooing then a quick wipe down should be ok, but still strip your machines down every week or so to clean them properly to keep them free from dust, you will be ok.
I use for machine and clip cords.. if coils wet there is a problem???

marked 4 life

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Andy
I always spray my machines, coils and all before and after tattooing, the only problems I have ever had was with a micky sharpz liner and shader of the dial type rusting the frames, never liked them machines anyway, I sometimes use trigene but mainly use an alcohol/distilled water mix, I use clip cord cover and cover my knob (ooh er missus) I never bag my machines as I have heard mixed views on doing so in particular the heat of the coils in a sealed bag is a breeding ground for germs.

I always spray my machines, coils and all before and after tattooing, the only problems I have ever had was with a micky sharpz liner and shader of the dial type rusting the frames, never liked them machines anyway, I sometimes use trigene but mainly use an alcohol/distilled water mix, I use clip cord cover and cover my knob (ooh er missus) I never bag my machines as I have heard mixed views on doing so in particular the heat of the coils in a sealed bag is a breeding ground for germs.
Meexing alcohol and water doesnt weakens the active ingredient in alcohol?

So coils doesnt damage with water.. :icon_smile:

j3rz3y1

Premium
Media
First Name
Frank
Oh if only you would join us an read the manual it would help you so much . How much do you tattoo on a weekly baises . Do you have time to strip your machines between tattoos or are you real busy . A water alcohol base cleaning soluion is good the alchol will evaperate fairly quick an help the water to do the same i also buy can air from walmarts the same as you use for computers to help the machine to dry quicker . :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: Ed :icon_cool:

Oh if only you would join us an read the manual it would help you so much . How much do you tattoo on a weekly baises . Do you have time to strip your machines between tattoos or are you real busy . A water alcohol base cleaning soluion is good the alchol will evaperate fairly quick an help the water to do the same i also buy can air from walmarts the same as you use for computers to help the machine to dry quicker . :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: Ed :icon_cool:
Yes i will join next week :icon_biggrin:
Oh i see..so the water works good..
i have the best alcohol (95) for drugstore...maybe i must mix it with water???
Can air? what is that?

ChrisWarren

Premium
Media
First Name
Chris
I spray it all down with bleach & water mixed then dry it and repeat the process with dettol

itshurts

Basic
First Name
alex
hi
machines should be cleaned properly after every tattoo, detol won't kill nothing much, go to a local dental supplies or chemist ,order IPA alcohol or equivalent germ killer that works with blood .watering them down must be done with care , bleach will do at the right mix but will kill machines for sure in no time , if it is not strong enough it will not do anything ..
any rust signs is a real problem on the way , not only for the equipment but for any client that gets rust particles into a neat tattoo. sadly most of all the chemicals that kills aids and hep b and other blood borne viruses will rust the machines and any other metal items . i write my machines off every couple of years .once rust off one item gets on another it contaminates it .
a lot of cheap tubes and grips are for sale all over the net and they are total rubbish. sub grade stainless steel , classed as medical grade (NOT).
they are made from food grade stainless that will not stand up to a autoclave or harsh chemicals .
the best thing for the machines will to bag them up ,clip cords the lot.
then they still will need a clean as well . in fact anything that you touch will need a proper clean with the right chemical.
itshurts:icon_biggrin: