P Machine Cuting Out

robots

Premium
First Name
Adam
Iv just fitted some new springs and a new contact screw on my liner. everything seemed fine... but now the machine slows then stops after having my foot on the peddle for about a minute. i find if i have a play with the contact screw it will start up again and be running smoothly but then will just cut out again after a bit.
the contact screw iv fitted is silver and the front spring also has a silver contact point.
any ideas as to why my machine is doing this?
thanks in advance :icon_biggrin:

robots

Premium
First Name
Adam
After a little adjustment it seems to be ok but not sure if its gona last! still any help would be great :icon_cheesygrin:

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
Hi
Have you downloaded the tuning manual from the downloads section?

Daz

Premium
First Name
Darren
Hi I had the similar problem some months ago, founf it was the power pack, purchased a new one and runs ok now

robots

Premium
First Name
Adam
Iv got a feeling its my power pack because i had a few issues with it when i first got it a few years back.
james i have the tuning manual and others and have checked everything several times or so....
tattooz heres a pic
IMG_0340.jpg
sorry image is sideways

thanks for replys :D

jamesb

Premium
First Name
james
All looks fine in the pic i had the same problem a lil while back also to find it was also my power pack if you followed the manual then im pritty sure your power supply is on its way out not 100% tho

robots

Premium
First Name
Adam
All looks fine in the pic i had the same problem a lil while back also to find it was also my power pack if you followed the manual then im pritty sure your power supply is on its way out not 100% tho
Yeah im thinking the power pack, will get a new one from maplin early next week! hopefully this will fix the problem :)

Thanks for your help everyone

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
I would try bending the back spring up slightly. It maybe just the picture, but the back coil core looks very close to abar.
Thats a weird old front spring aswell. Have you tried a different one?

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
this might sound silly,but did you remember to tighten the stop screw up,that holds the contact screw tight ??? if this is not tightened properly,the contact screw will unwind itself as you run the machine & it will cut out.Also,looking at the pic of your machine,it don't look like the coils have been shimmed !!