Welcome To Help Me Tattoo

To get the most from our website you will first need to register.
Some areas will be locked for Premium members only, so if you like what you see, please consider an upgrade.
Register Log in

Machine Keeps Sticking

sneeks18

Thread starter #1
if my machine stops and i have to flick the armeture bar for it to start to work again what could the problem be

Slinky

Premium
First Name
Perri
If your machine stops and the bar needs a jump start, then i would have a stab at the contact screw being worn, or a cheap one. Try getting a silver one, or a better quality one.

Another option maybe to alter the gap between the spring and the contact screw. This will affect your machine tho, and may need a bit more power to compensate.

Im no pro myself, but these seem the most likely options. I find that stripping the machine down to nothing and re building it teaches me quite a lot about little problems like these.

First Name
OG
If your machine stops and the bar needs a jump start, then i would have a stab at the contact screw being worn, or a cheap one. Try getting a silver one, or a better quality one.

Another option maybe to alter the gap between the spring and the contact screw. This will affect your machine tho, and may need a bit more power to compensate.

Im no pro myself, but these seem the most likely options. I find that stripping the machine down to nothing and re building it teaches me quite a lot about little problems like these.
other thing you can do is to bend the back spring up a little or the back spring may have a crack in it also is every thing in a line , a pic will help its hard to say but give it a go, ive found if the machine run well but needs a jump start ,you need more power ,but in saying that if you have say7v 0r 9v and its doing that check the arm'bar is over the coils right , if so start bending your back spring up and tune it ive found this works when doing shaders that i want to run at low volts but still have lots of wack

Last edited:
First Name
Jais
Some cheaper coils stay magnetised for a while, so make sure you havent screwed the contact screw down so tight that the gap between coil and a-bar is too small. If its not sticking to the coil it may just be that contact screw needs tightening, some people like to run their machines with a flick to get it started.