Machine Set Up

paulrods

Premium
First Name
paul
HI all,

Ive been trying and trying to set up my machine but i only seem to make it worse, i really cant do this is there any videos out there that would help me, ive tried to do it following the instructions on the training manual but getting nowhere and its making me really mad:icon_mad: PLZ HELP.

thank you
Paul

Remove Ads

Tattooz

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Dave
What bit of the setup are you having trouble with, and what machines are you using. Can you post some good pics for us to see gaps, springs etc?

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
Hi,
i know you said that you are using the training manual,but have you downloaded the tuning guide,its a good read...:icon_cheesygrin:

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
I really wish this info was free.

I hate how guarded/secretive tattoo info is....

DavidE

Premium
I really wish this info was free.
I hate how guarded/secretive tattoo info is....
The cost of this site is worth it just for a place to ask a simple question. I can imagine the owner gets quite a bit of stick from the "so called's".

Look in the downloads area, and you will find a machine setup guide, which is very good.

ASH13

Basic
First Name
TWM
The cost of this site is worth it just for a place to ask a simple question. I can imagine the owner gets quite a bit of stick from the "so called's".

Look in the downloads area, and you will find a machine setup guide, which is very good.
True.

But the more basic info "scratchers" can get is the less chance they have to **** someone up.

I might try to get Premium next month.

RTats

RTats
Premium
First Name
Rob
True.

But the more basic info "scratchers" can get is the less chance they have to **** someone up.

I might try to get Premium next month.
I like to think of us as "self taught", and there are a lot of really good artists out there who began without an apprenticeship. I look at the scratcher who doesnt know and doesnt care about anyone except his/her own pocket.

In defense of the industry, the scratcher bashers, these guys are the ones who have deal with after effects of the uneducated and uncaring scratcher. Not everyone will be proactive as you (we) and seek out education and support where an apprenticeship may not be an option. They will just buy a machine and start tearing people up - even before they know how to even set it up properly - so congratulations for having the common sense and courage to ask the question first.

The Premium is worth it - and "stick" from the industry aside, this is a good website that would carry some costs - *£6 or something like that is nothing for information and a support group which you wont find anywhere else.

skinpix

Premium
Media
First Name
Mark
I like to think of us as "self taught", and there are a lot of really good artists out there who began without an apprenticeship. I look at the scratcher who doesnt know and doesnt care about anyone except his/her own pocket.

In defense of the industry, the scratcher bashers, these guys are the ones who have deal with after effects of the uneducated and uncaring scratcher. Not everyone will be proactive as you (we) and seek out education and support where an apprenticeship may not be an option. They will just buy a machine and start tearing people up - even before they know how to even set it up properly - so congratulations for having the common sense and courage to ask the question first.

The Premium is worth it - and "stick" from the industry aside, this is a good website that would carry some costs - *£6 or something like that is nothing for information and a support group which you wont find anywhere else.

Couldn't agree more....well said......

Albionwolf

Basic
First Name
K
Guys u don't need to pay for info it's all out there if you look if anyone has any specific tuning questions hit me up a spent years messing on with them don't want to come across a know it all because I'm not but I know about machines that's for sure

Patrick

Premium Gold
Media
First Name
Patrick
Hi
What springs, A bar, coils etc do you recommend, I need to replace some springs and am not sure whether to but Blue or silver springs and what sizes length and guage. I noticed that some are sold flat and some True Blue springs are sold ready bent for use on an angled A bar? Any help will be much appreciated. I am part way through a full Black & Grey horror sleeve and am using a conventional shader set up. What would you use? Also any specifics regarding A Bars as there seem to be loads of different ones available in balck or steel. How do you tell if coils are any good because the prices vary considerably.:icon_confused:

Thanks

Pat

Albionwolf

Basic
First Name
K
Hi it all depends on you and the way you work people will tell you to do it this way and that and in a way there right and wrong because everyone uses what's best for them I use wildangle springs off eBay there much wider my a bar is a light drilled extra wide custom made one from mon tattoo as are my machines my springs a 16 gauge long but I put the contact screw in the middle coz I like the Bounce and softness my coils are custom made 9 wrap so best of both will push a mag and still not to punchy for smaller groupings I don't buy ready bent springs as I tune myself and don't do it by ear I do the numbers thing it runs at 9 volts sounds alot but again every machine is different don't listen about it has to be between 4 and 8 it's bull shit it will run whatever it needs to run at speed is about 115 - 125 and duty is around 48 close enough for me as for the coils it's trail and error but when u find a decent seller keep with em I recommend neo smis coils